Work in our beautiful private club as a lift mechanic!
Only private ski and golf club in the world!!
- Big Sky, Montana
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Purpose: All actions by the Lift Electrician is done while implementing and ensuring compliance with all Manufacturer’s, ANSI, OSHA and Yellowstone Club safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure that each Member and guest receives outstanding service in a friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every Member and guest, maintaining outstanding service standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of guest service.
- Empowered to guarantee total Member satisfaction, display hospitality and professionalism to our Members at all times, take pride in representing Yellowstone Club professionally with our Members and guests and assure that all transactions are handled in a legal and ethical manner.
- Understand and apply all property safety and security procedures to maintain a secure and safe environment for team members, Members, and guests at all times. In the event of an accident or emergency, seek medical attention if necessary and contact the Assistant General Manager or Human Resources immediately.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all Yellowstone Club team members to foster and promote a positive working environment.
Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in preventative maintenance tasks on chairlifts and surface lifts, conducts periodic inspections and monitor equipment during hours of operation.
- Preforms annual, monthly, weekly, and daily maintenance on the lift equipment of Yellowstone Club.
- Respond to and determine the cause of lift maintenance problems, with response and correction to be completed as quickly and safely as possible with the public’s safety, and your own safety being the highest priority.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established Club policies, procedures, and standards of service to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Meet departmental productivity, organization, punctuality/attendance and consistency standards.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
- Treat Members, guests, vendors, customers and co-workers with professionalism and respect at all times.
- Maintain privacy of our Members at all time.
- Maintain a clean and neat appearance at all times.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with all employees, supervisors, managers and directors.
- Perform work in a safe and high quality manner.
- Project a favorable image of Yellowstone Club to Members and guests at all times.
- Must be able to work flexible work hours/schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays. Long hours may be required due to business demands.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties, work hours and/or responsibilities for this job at any time.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position and should not serve as an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all the possible duties, tasks and responsibilities being performed by people assigned to this classification. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Associates degree in related field, and two years lift maintenance experience; or high school diploma and four years of lift maintenance experience
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Experience working with ANSI.b77 code, experience in rigging
- Previous ski lift operation experience preferred, not required
- The ability to diagnose mechanical problems using various tools
- Troubleshooting skills with mechanical and hydraulic issues
- The ability to work in adverse weather conditions include wind, snow, ice and at varying heights up to 50’ for periods of time
- Good communication skills and accurately follow instructions
Experience in metalworking is preferred
Certificates & Licenses
Valid State Driver’s License
Able to speak clearly and effectively with Members, guests, co-workers, vendors and other Yellowstone Club departments. Able to write clearly and legibly.
Able to perform basic math calculations.
Ability to solve basic problems and/or know when it is necessary to get a manager to assist in problem solving.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work for this position is usually performed in a climate-controlled environment. However, the employee may be required to work outside in extreme heat, cold, rain, wind, snow or inclement weather as the demands of the position so dictate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 30 pounds and constantly required to talk and/or hear. While performing the duties of this job the employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to handle or lift items. The employee is constantly required to stand and walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, or reach with hands and arms and interact with lift passengers. The employee is also required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as but not limited to: visually watching guests, inspecting equipment and doing maintenance, watching for hazards and safety violations, and maintaining a clean, clear platform. The employee is constantly exposed to sound and noise levels that are distracting and uncomfortable without hearing protection.