$1000 sign-on bonus, Free Shun Sora 5-Piece Knife Set and Bag
The only private ski and golf club in the world!!
- Big Sky, Montana
- up to $25.00 / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Purpose: The purpose of a Cook II is to prepare food items for food outlets according to designed menus, recipes and sample photographs.
This position is eligible for a SHUN SORA 5-PIECE KNIFE SET AND BAG (will be provided on the first day of employment and must complete contract to keep set) AND A $1000 PLUS SIGN-ON BONUS (paid out $250 after 60 days of employment, $750 at the end of the season).
The average hourly rate for Cook II is up to $28 per hour.
- Ensure that each Member and guest receives outstanding service in a friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every Member and guest, maintaining outstanding service standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of guest service.
- Empowered to guarantee total Member satisfaction, display hospitality and professionalism to our Members at all times, take pride in representing Yellowstone Club professionally with our Members and guests and assure that all transactions are handled in a legal and ethical manner.
- Understand and apply all property safety and security procedures to maintain a secure and safe environment for team members, Members, and guests at all times. In the event of an accident or emergency, seek medical attention if necessary and contact the Assistant General Manager or Human Resources immediately.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all Yellowstone Club team members to foster and promote a positive working environment.
Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in the set-up and preparation of the kitchen for the season
- Prepare food items for food outlets according to designed menus, recipes, and sample photographs
- Set up station with predetermined mise en place to ensure everything will be ready for service
- Prepare food items for Members and guests using a quality predetermined method in a timely and consistent manner
- Cook all food according to recipes, quality standards, presentations standards, and food preparation checklist
- Demonstrates safe and proper use of equipment at all times
- Perform duties in a safe manner
- Reduce kitchen waste
- Consult with the Sous Chef daily on Restaurant outlet service
- Understand and implement the basic culinary tasks and procedures such as first-in/first-out, labeling and sanitation
- Monitor all food quality and presentation while preparing food
- Stock and rotate food
- Alert the Sous Chef in regard to low inventory items
- Work on the line, salad station, and prep station or any other stations as needed
- Control the pace of the food orders and set the tone for the ticket flowing process
- Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently
- Operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, oven steam table, and flat top grill
- Advise in the preparation of ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food
- Label, date, store and rotate all products while maintaining assigned stock levels
- Control food items requested, ensuring stock is maintained without over production
- Demonstrate proper production of food items, working efficiently to achieve maximum productivity
- Assist in the set-up and break down of work station
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures
- Prepare cold food items adhering to recipe
- Monitor taste and visual appearance
- Cut, trim, and bone meats and poultry for cooking
- Practice basic sanitation and stock rotation and refrigerator cleanliness; keep all work areas clean and tidy
- Proficiently perform duties on cold entree lines, as well as duties involving food preparation as required
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established Club policies, procedures, and standards of service to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Meet departmental productivity, organization, punctuality/attendance and consistency standards.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
- Treat Members, guests, vendors, customers and co-workers with professionalism and respect at all times.
- Maintain privacy of our Members at all time.
- Maintain a clean and neat appearance at all times.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with all employees, supervisors, managers and directors.
- Perform work in a safe and high quality manner.
- Project a favorable image of Yellowstone Club to Members and guests at all times.
- Must be able to work flexible work hours/schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays. Long hours may be required due to business demands.
- Report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties, work hours and/or responsibilities for this job at any time.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position and should not serve as an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all the possible duties, tasks and responsibilities being performed by people assigned to this classification. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- High school diploma, GED or vocational training or job-related course work required
- Three to five years’ experience as Line Cook.
- Formal Culinary training
- Experience as a Line Cook in resort or club setting
- ServSafe certification.
Certificates & Licenses
Valid State Driver’s License
Basic Microsoft Office
Able to speak clearly and effectively with Members, guests, co-workers, vendors and other Yellowstone Club departments. Able to write clearly and legibly.
Able to perform basic math calculations.
Ability to solve basic problems and/or know when it is necessary to get a manager to assist in problem solving.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work for this position is usually performed in a climate-controlled environment. However, the employee may be required to work outside in extreme heat, cold, rain, wind, snow or inclement weather as the demands of the position so dictate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is frequently required to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach with hands and arms or operate a computer. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 40 pounds. The employee is constantly required to stand, walk, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job the employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to handle, organize or lift items. While performing the duties of this job the employee is constantly required to use their vision to perform an activity such as but not limited to determining the accuracy, neatness, attention to detail, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
Yellowstone Club offers great benefits:
- free public transportation from Bozeman to the Club
- complimentary meal each shift
- Apex Medical Benefits
- Discounted Employee Housing
- Discounted Bike Haul at Big Sky Resort
- Discounts to over 1000 retailers to include travel, wellness, home, etc.
- Monthly discount to the Ridge Athletic Club
- Seasonal employee retail sales
- Employee Appreciation day
- Eligible for 401k Program