Come join the Yellowstone Club Culinary Team! - Modern Italian Fine Dining
The only private ski and golf course in the world!!
- Big Sky, Montana
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Jun 06, 2022)
Yellowstone Club is paradise in Montana. A private residential community in Big Sky, Montana, Yellowstone Club offers its Members the world’s only private ski and golf community. With fabulous skiing and snowboarding and the most gorgeous spring and summer weather to enjoy the 18-hole golf course, rivers, hiking, biking, and more, our Members love being a part of this exceptional community. Our employees make the Yellowstone Club experience come alive. If you would love being a part of the Montana charm and providing the highest level of guest service, ensuring no detail is too small to overlook, and being a part of creating experiences, then Yellowstone Club is looking for you.
Yellowstone Club’s Culinary department currently seeking candidates for a seasonal Chef de Cuisine with a background in fine Italian cooking.
The Chef de Cuisine is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the kitchen, including effective leadership, excellent customer service skills and supervision of department requirements and standards.
- Lead and cook by example and provide guidance to all team members. Ensure kitchen operations are established and can run smoothly and efficiently in your absence.
- Develop and maintain recipes, portion specifications, and standard preparation procedures for all dishes and ensure that all cooks are following these standards.
- Coordinate training activities for kitchen and back-of-house associates to meet service level standards.
- Determination of purchasing specifications and budgetary allotments for all menu items.
- Prepare operational reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and make appropriate recommendations for success.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and compliance with all company policies, service procedures and standards - including Health Department regulations; always maintains excellent kitchen hygiene conditions.
- Have a working knowledge of company invoice tracking, labor tracking, schedule preparation, food cost management, labor cost management, inventory control, and hiring, counseling, and termination policies.
- Minimum 3 years' experience as a Chef de Cuisine or higher in an “strictly scratch” Italian driven concept with 10 years culinary experience in established restaurants.
- Proficient in homemade pasta’s, sauces, and dry aging meats
- Knowledgeable in different regional Italian cuisine and products
- Must be a hands-on working chef
- Fine dining experience is preferred.
- Certificate or degree in Culinary Arts preferred.
- ServSafe certifications required.
- Strong financial and computer skills; has experience working with and an understanding of P&L’s and budgeting.
- Possess a passion for culinary excellence with incredible skill to create exciting and accessible new dishes, appropriate for the venue’s concept.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours, as needed.
- Proven ability to direct staff clear and concisely while positively influencing employee behavior and performance.
- Maintains openness and willingness to learn new techniques and improve abilities.
- Think quickly, multitask, and adapt to changing situations while maintaining the highest quality of product and other established standards.
- Skilled in direct interaction with guests.
- Able to build effective relationship based on respect, trust, and integrity with client is required.
Yellowstone Club offers great benefits:
- Free public transportation from Bozeman to the Club
- Complimentary meal each shift
- Apex Medical Benefits
- Discounted Employee Housing
- Discounted Bike Haul at Big Sky Resort
- Discounts to over 1000 retailers to include travel, wellness, home, etc.
- Monthly discount to the Ridge Athletic Club
- Seasonal employee retail sales
- Employee Appreciation day
- Eligible for 401k Program