Come join the Yellowstone Club Culinary Team! Chef De Cuisine now offering ($1000 sign-on bonus)
The only private ski and golf club in the world!!
- Big Sky, Montana
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Jun 06, 2022)
Purpose: The purpose of the Chef De Cuisine is to assist the Executive Chef in leading team on their mission to exceed Member’s and guest’s expectations related to food quality and dining experience through preparing a variety of culinary food items for the various outlets and events at Yellowstone Club.
$1000 SIGN ON BONUS: $250 after 60 days of employment, $750 at the end of the season.
Directly or indirectly supervises employees and/or supervisors; carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Club’s policies, procedures and applicable laws; responsibilities include but are not limited to: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensure that each member and guest receives outstanding guest service in a guest friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every member and guest, maintaining outstanding service standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of guest service.
- Empowered to guarantee total guest satisfaction, display hospitality and professionalism to our guests at all times, take pride in representing Yellowstone Club professionally with our members and guests and assure that all transactions with guests are handled in a legal and ethical manner.
- Understand and apply all property safety and security procedures to maintain a secure and safe environment for employees, members, and guests at all times. In the event of an accident or emergency, seek medical attention if necessary and contact the General Manager or Human Resources immediately.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a positive working environment.
Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work with the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef to help create and implement assigned outlet menu
- Oversee the culinary team including but not limited to; training, performance management, and development
- Work collaboratively with other managers and staff to create memorable dining experiences for Members and guests
- Monitor quality of all food product and presentation
- Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the kitchen and food production areas
- Know and enforce all local health department sanitation laws
- Develop proper training and direction of outlet assignments in compliance with company standards of quality, specifications, portion control, recipes, employee relations, sanitation, etc.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established Club policies, procedures, and standards of service to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Meet departmental productivity, organization, punctuality/attendance and consistency standards.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
- Treat Members, guests, vendors, customers and co-workers with professionalism and respect at all times.
- Maintain privacy of our Members at all time.
- Maintain a clean and neat appearance at all times.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with all employees, supervisors, managers and directors.
- Perform work in a safe and high quality manner.
- Project a favorable image of Yellowstone Club to Members and guests at all times.
- Must be able to work flexible work hours/schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays. Long hours may be required due to business demands.
- Possess attentive, accountable and highly organization skills with the ability to plan multiple activities and meet deadlines.
- Exemplify excellent interpersonal and communication skills by possessing admirable telephone etiquette, customer service orientation and the ability to act proactively in all situations.
- Exceed expectations through the ability to personify friendliness, engagement, and act graciously with the ability to focus and connect with all members, guests, employees, management, and vendors, at all levels.
- Consistently demonstrate an upbeat, energetic, authentic and professional attitude at all times.
- Promote teamwork and foster a harmonious working environment.
- Act as an ambassador and protector of the brand; Keep the brand and the company culture prominent and consistent at all levels, in the back and front of the house areas.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties, work hours and/or responsibilities for this job at any time.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position and should not serve as an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all the possible duties, tasks and responsibilities being performed by people assigned to this classification. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Bachelor degree; Certificate in culinary arts or relevant field; 6+ years as a line cook; 3+ years of staff management experience or equivalent; Comprehensive knowledge of world class hospitality and service management;
Certificates & Licenses
Valid State Driver’s License; Current ServSafe Certification
Intermediate knowledge level of Microsoft Office systems
Able to speak clearly and effectively with Members, guests, co-workers, vendors and other Yellowstone Club departments. Able to write clearly and legibly.
Able to perform basic math calculations.
Ability to solve basic problems and/or know when it is necessary to get a manager to assist in problem solving.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work for this position is usually performed in a climate-controlled environment. However, the employee may be required to work outside in extreme heat, cold, rain, wind, snow or inclement weather as the demands of the position so dictate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is frequently required to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach with hands and arms or operate a computer. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 40 pounds. The employee is constantly required to stand, walk, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job the employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to handle, organize or lift items. While performing the duties of this job the employee is constantly required to use their vision to perform an activity such as but not limited to determining the accuracy, neatness, attention to detail, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
Yellowstone Club offers great benefits:
- Free public transportation from Bozeman to the Club
- complimentary meal each shift
- Apex Medical Benefits
- Discounted Employee Housing
- Discounted Bike Haul at Big Sky Resort
- Discounts to over 1000 retailers to include travel, wellness, home, etc.
- Monthly discount to the Ridge Athletic Club
- Seasonal employee retail sales
- Employee Appreciation day
- Eligible for 401k Program