Come join the Yellowstone Club Accounting Team!
The only private ski and golf club in the world!!
- Big Sky, Montana
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Jun 01, 2022)
Purpose: The purpose of the GL Accountant is responsible for various accounting and administrative tasks related to Yellowstone Development. Position is currently located in Yellowstone Club’s Bozeman office.
- Ensure that each member and guest receives outstanding guest service in a guest friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every member and guest, maintaining outstanding service standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of guest service.
- Empowered to guarantee total guest satisfaction, display hospitality and professionalism to our guests at all times, take pride in representing Yellowstone Club professionally with our members and guests and assure that all transactions with guests are handled in a legal and ethical manner.
- Understand and apply all property safety and security procedures to maintain a secure and safe environment for employees, members, and guests at all times. In the event of an accident or emergency, seek medical attention if necessary and contact the General Manager or Human Resources immediately.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a positive working environment.
Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist with the following accounting duties:
- Representative from accounting to all operations departments for POS item set up/modifications
- Weekly Revenue Audits
- Ensure all revenue entries for point of sale mapped to correct general ledger account
- Review results to check for data integrity
- Work with operations department to improve data integrity
- Daily Revenue Reporting
- Distribution of Weekly Labor reports
- Advanced reporting on club related key performance indicators
- Improve revenue forecasting and benchmarks
- Work directly with senior analyst and budget directors/managers to budget and reforecast revenue using Adaptive.
- General support for all club related, non-payroll areas of Adaptive
- Support Accounts Receivable department
- Cash Management
- Work with assistant controller on revenue related audits
- Assist various club inventory areas including; Retail, golf, spa and F&B on their cash purchasing plans
- Responsible for understanding & implementing accounting and finance best practices including basic internal controls, best practices for preparing/presenting financial schedules and other reconciliations
- Responsible for the monthly reconciliation and analysis of assigned balance sheet accounts
- Able to perform general ledger maintenance including reclassification and month-end adjusting journal entries
- Recording & tracking fixed assets including calculating depreciation
- Recording and reconciling of daily credit card deposits
- Assist with physical inventory entries and adjustments
- Reconcile multiple cash bank accounts
- Assist business managers and senior accounting staff in the budget process
- Ability to quickly learn enterprise level accounting systems (Timberline, Dynamic GP or equivalent) and use advanced MS Excel functions to accomplish essential job duties
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established Club policies, procedures, and standards of service to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Meet departmental productivity, organization and consistency standards.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
- Treat Members, guests, vendors, customers and co-workers with professionalism and respect at all times.
- Maintain privacy of our Members at all time.
- Maintain a clean and neat appearance at all times.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with all employees, supervisors, managers and directors.
- Perform work in a safe and high-quality manner.
- Project a favorable image of Yellowstone Club to Members and guests at all times.
- Must be able to work during normal business hours. The Accounting Department operates Monday to Friday, 8am – 5pm, or as directed and approved by your supervisor.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties, work hours and/or responsibilities for this job at any time.
- Travel to club is expected. Initially for cross training and during summer with budgets.
- Previous general accounting experience or knowledge preferred
- Experience with data extraction from accounting systems
- SQL database experience
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Seeking degree; in business, finance, accounting, or related field.
- Prefer junior or senior level applicants.
- Proven experience using communication and organizational skills to accomplish goals.
- 3+ years of relevant experience
Certificates & Licenses
Valid State Driver’s License
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms and other office procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products – Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficiency in the use of relevant accounting software/database sights and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to quality and detail.
- The ability to work well independently.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to maintain sound working relationships and communications with management, staff, and vendors.
- Troubleshooting – determining causes of errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Professional appearance and presentation.
Able to speak clearly and effectively with Members, guests, co-workers, vendors and other Yellowstone Club departments. Able to write clearly and legibly.
Able to perform basic math calculations.
Ability to solve basic problems and/or know when it is necessary to get a manager to assist in problem solving.
Work Environment 4
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work for this position is usually performed in a climate-controlled environment. However, the employee may be required to work outside in extreme heat, cold, rain, wind, snow or inclement weather as the demands of the position so dictate.
- Free public transportation from Bozeman to the Club
- Complimentary meal each shift
- Medical Benefits
- Discounted Bike Haul at Big Sky Resort
- Discounts to over 1000 retailers to include travel, wellness, home, etc.
- Monthly discount to the Ridge Athletic Club
- Seasonal employee retail sales
- Employee Appreciation day
- Eligible for 401k Program