Yellowstone Club is Seeking Lift Operators
Big Sky encompasses the best of mountain lifestyle from amazing hikes to great fly fishing!
- Big Sky, Montana
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Dec 02, 2019)
Are you interested in being an “on snow” employee at the Yellowstone Club, the premier private ski and golf resort in the world? Do you want to work outside this winter season surrounded by spectacular mountains, private powder and a superb team of coworkers? Lift Operators at the Yellowstone Club are an integral component of our Mountain Operations team and are tasked with the safe and efficient operation of our multi-million dollar ropeways while also providing extraordinary guest services. Lift Operators are front line employees providing an exceptional experience to our members, guests, and other employees, ensuring that they feel welcome, safe, and confident riding our lifts. If you are passionate about your work and like to work hard in a fast, action-packed environment we want you on our team!
Lift Operators are an essential piece of the Mountain Operations team providing for the safe and efficient transport of Members, guests, staff and cargo on the various lifts at Yellowstone Club, providing excellent guest services while maintaining constant attentiveness to the lift machinery.
- Successfully complete all training as required by the Lift Operations department.
- Become adept with all operational and emergency procedures pertaining to the assigned lift station, including operation of the auxiliary system as needed. Be able to quickly diagnose lift faults via the use of the PLC interface/lift control systems.
- Complete the daily preoperative inspection of lift machinery and complete the lift log, report any irregularities to supervisors/lift maintenance. All logs are filed for future reference and are a legal document.
- Maintain loading areas, unloading areas, and ramps at the correct height and condition to ensure the proper loading and unloading of all traffic, keep enclosure posts, ropes and signage straight and visible for safe operation.
- Load and unload passengers of all ability levels in a safe manner, slowing or stopping the lift as needed.
- Successfully cope with the physical and mental demands of working long hours, often in adverse weather conditions.
- Shifts start at 6:45 AM and end around 5:00 PM, punctuality and dependability are essential.
- Maintain an informed status about lift openings, closures and general operating conditions of the ski area.
- Command an alert, conscientious and reactive ability while operating the lift, using good judgment and constantly monitoring the lift both visually and audibly.
- Create and maintain open communication with Members, guests, and employees.
- High school diploma, GED or vocational training
- Be able to work outside in inclement weather and adverse conditions
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. consecutively
- Adhere to early morning start time
- Ability to ski or ride at an intermediate level
How to Apply
To apply, please complete an application on our job site by clicking APPLY NOW