Work at the Yellowstone Club as a Sous Chef!
Big Sky encompasses the best of mountain lifestyle from amazing hikes to great fly fishing!
- Big Sky, Montana
- Some experience required
Yellowstone Club is paradise in Montana. A private residential community in Big Sky, Montana, Yellowstone Club offers its Members the world’s only private ski and golf community. With fabulous skiing and snowboarding and the most gorgeous spring and summer weather to enjoy the 18-hole golf course, rivers, hiking, biking, and more, our Members love being a part of this exceptional community. Our employees make the Yellowstone Club experience come alive. If you would love being a part of the Montana charm and providing the highest level of guest service, ensuring no detail is too small to overlook, and being a part of creating experiences, then Yellowstone Club is looking for you.
We are currently hiring for the positon of Sous Chef. The Sous Chef position assists in the culinary management and food creation of an assigned restaurant outlet. The Sous Chef takes council from the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef and Chef de Cuisine to create, implement menu items and concepts specific to the outlet. Yellowstone Club has nine outlets on property ranging from continental breakfast, bar food, BBQ, Pacific Cuisine, and Fine Dining.
We are currently seeking energetic, motivated individuals to work at the Yellowstone Club for our 2017-2018 winter season. Ideal candidates will possess excellent communication and culinary skills with the ability to provide a memorable Member and guest experience through their dining experience.
The Sous Chef position performs the following:
- Accountable for overall success of the daily kitchen operations
- Exhibit culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions
- Manage kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures
- Estimate daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicates production needs to kitchen personnel daily
- Assist Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef and Chef de Cuisine with all kitchen operations and preparation
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions
- Develop, design, or create new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions
- Assist in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays
- Work to continually improve Member and guest dining satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget
- Supervise all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced
- Ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved
- Provide information to supervisors, co-workers, and staff by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person
- Improve service by communicating and assisting to understand Member and guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed
Qualifications candidates must have:
- Certificate in culinary arts or relevant field
- 6+ years’ experience as a Cook/Line Cook in a resort or club setting
- Highly proficient in regional American cuisine
- High attention to detail
- Knowledge of world class hospitality and service management
- Proven ability to lead and manage a culinary team
- Must be willing to work long hours which may include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be an excellent communicator with the ability to multitask and think quickly when under pressure
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs plus stand, walk and move around during majority of the day
- Valid Driver’s License with ability to meet company driving insurance policy
The positions offered are seasonal, full-time and located in Big Sky, MT. Yellowstone Club offers great benefits including free transportation from Bozeman to the Club upon hire, a complimentary meal each day, ski days each month for employees to enjoy the mountain, and a ski pass to Big Sky Resort or Bridger Bowl. Plus, you get to work at one of the most incredible places on earth. For more information about the Club, visit www.yellowstoneclub.com.
To apply, please visit www.yellowstoneclub.com and click on "YC Careers" at the bottom of the homepage. Or by following this web link: https://careers-yellowstoneclub.icims.com/jobs/1574/sous-chef/job
How to Apply
To apply, please visit www.yellowstoneclub.com and click on "YC Careers" at the bottom of the homepage. Or use the Apply Here link below.