Love the outdoors? Join the Yellowstone Club for our 2017 summer season!
- Start Date:
We are currently hiring for the position of Trail Maintenance Laborer for our 2017 summer season. With over 2,200 acres of skiable terrain and 28+ miles of hiking trails, the Trail Maintenance Laborer play a vital role in the Member and guest experience by maintaining the recreational terrain. The Maintenance Laborer performs upkeep with ski trail construction and gladding, wetland restoration, maintenance of water runoff, re-vegetation and hiking trail maintenance and construction. All construction, maintenance, and improvement on both new and established ski runs and hiking trails in a manner that is compliant with Yellowstone Club, State, and Federal standards.
Qualified candidates must have:
- High school diploma, GED or vocational training
- Be able to work outside in all types of weather conditions for 10+ hours
- Ability to work at high elevations routinely
- Familiarity and ability to operate tools to perform trail work such as: power drill, rock bar, single jack, shovel, rake, axe, brushing shears, weed trimmers, chainsaw, and other trail maintenance tools at an intermediate to expert level; Department chainsaw basic operator course will be provided
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- Formal training related to land rehabilitation or ski area management; Formal sawyer training with USFS, MCC or similar agency; Formal training in trail maintenance and construction, is preferred
- Good verbal communications skills are essential; ability to too follow oral instructions
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs+
The positions offered are seasonal, full-time. All positions are located in Big Sky, MT. Yellowstone Club offers great benefits including free transportation from Bozeman to the Club upon hire and a complimentary meal each shift. Plus, you get to work at one of the most incredible places on earth. For more information about the Club, visit www.yellowstoneclub.com.