The Grand Canyon Railway and Hotel is a year-round operation, employing approximately 300 employees and approximately 100 seasonal employees in November through January for our world-renowned Polar Express Event. Join our 2022 team!
Most entry-level positions do not need prior experience. Rather, we are looking for people with outstanding customer service skills and an adventurous spirit.
Provides superior customer service and uses good communication skills and handles the sale of retail purchases in the gift shop.
- Provides superior customer service and uses good communication skills.
- Handles the sale of retail purchases in the gift shop.
- Performs cashiering duties properly, recording the sales in the register accurately and following correct accounting procedures.
- Assists whenever necessary in keeping the sales floor and stock room clean and organized; includes sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, polishing, scrubbing, mopping and trash removal.
- Keeps merchandise stocked.
- Assists Manager with inventory control, ordering, receiving and merchandise display.
- Maintains effective cooperation with Managers and other co-workers.
- Maintains a well-groomed, clean, and neat appearance.
- Functions with flexibility and courteous behavior in a high traffic season retail operation.
- Acquires and demonstrates a basic knowledge of product information when used as part of a professional sales approach.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Knowledge of Grand Canyon National Park and surrounding areas.
- Previous retail and/or experience operating a POS/cash register, handling and/or counting cash accurately and maintaining proper sales records and reports.
How to Apply
Live, Work and Explore with the Grand Canyon Railway! Our application process is quick, easy, and mobile-friendly. Click on the apply now button to explore available positions.