Now Hiring Sous Chefs for Glacier National Park - includes FREE housing & meals!
Stunning mountain lakes and breathtaking mountain vistas!
- Montana and Glacier NP, Montana
- $822.00 / week
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Now Hiring Summer 2023 Sous Chefs to LIVE. WORK. EXPLORE in Glacier National Park!
At Glacier National Park Lodges, we depend on our team members to be highly motivated, committed, and competent people who share our vision and work together to attain it, while our work environment encourages responsibility for personal growth and promotes pride in each employee. No matter what your job is, you will be a proud steward of the park. You will play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to all our guests.
Seasonal positions start in late-May and extend through mid- to late-September 2023 (dates depend on Location)
Pay Rate: $1,644.00 bi-weekly
Schedule Varies: Average 45-50 hours/week
- Free employee housing (dormitory-style) and on-site employee meals (cafeteria-style) for management position
- Free on-site laundry facility, employee shuttle service, Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth)
- Free Red Bus Tours (as available)
- Free Glacier National Park season pass
- Exclusive Retail and Dining discounts in Glacier
- $350 Referral Bonus Program
- The adventure of a lifetime!
- Meet and exceed budgetary goals.
- Maintain and enforce established Xanterra standards of sanitation throughout the BOH operations.
- Hands-on culinary leadership role includes being on the floor 100% of the time during a meal service period to observe, monitor, and follow up in all areas of the BOH and FOH operations on a daily basis.
- Direct and evaluate the work of all kitchen staff.
- Review punch detail reports in Kronos and approve payroll on a daily basis.
- Ensure that adequate pars of inventory items are maintained, adjusted, and reacted to as business levels dictate.
- Order food through Cloud Suite, approve invoices and generate requisitions and transfers as needed.
- Ensure that all stations are adequately supplied with production needs to serve for any meal period. Ensure the quality as well as the quantity.
- Accept responsibility for your BOH operations to be in complete readiness to open punctually for every meal period and serve every menu item for the length of that period.
- Follow and enforce Company and departmental environmental and safety practices, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a working knowledge of all BOH positions; equipment; and understanding of administrative duties, production records, inventories, scheduling, purchasing, and receiving.
- Ability to lead the restaurant's BOH team toward the goal of providing excellent guest service in an efficient manner.
- Ability to remain calm in a fast-paced, high-stress environment.
- Managers ServSafe Food Handlers certificate will be required. Class will be available while at the property.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, approximately 10 hours.
- Must be able to walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, and reach for extended periods of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How to Apply
Click "Apply Now" to submit your application today!