We’ll nail the job for you. Entry-level Housing Maintenance Associate
Work in the oceanfront village of Bar Harbor, minutes away from the stunning Acadia National Park.
Witham Family Hotels is looking for a proactive, problem-solving handyperson to join our Housing team. As an entry-level maintenance technician, you will work closely with our maintenance team and Housing Coordinator to respond to maintenance requests from our employees and perform preventative maintenance. We will train the right person.
This position offers flexible hours with the possibility of full-time year-round work. The right candidate may decide to work for the season.
This is a great opportunity for someone who likes to fix things, help people and who is a self-starter.
You must be able to take initiative, communicate effectively and display problem solving skills while providing excellent customer service.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Promptly identifying, communicating, and resolving maintenance issues.
- Support the housing team.
- Assume responsibility and comply with our standards.
- Work closely with team members.
- Maintains landscaping and building interior & exterior to company standards.
- Responds to tenants' concerns or complaints in a timely and courteous manner.
- Arrive to work in appropriate work attire (uniform, footwear, name tag) neat and professional in appearance.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Preferred experience in maintenance or related field preferred. Will train the right candidate.
● Knowledge and use of basic hand and power tools required.
● Must have solid decision making, and problem solving skills.
● Excellent customer service skills.
The Bar Harbor Grand Hotel is looking for a hardworking Maintenance Technician to join their team.
- Safely and efficiently maintain, improve, and repair hotel rooms and grounds so that our guests will have a safe and pleasant experience.
- Give responses to all visitors in an effective and prompt manner.
- Carry out inspection on public areas on a daily basis in case of problems arising unexpectedly.
- Repair plumbing, PTAC units, room furniture, bathroom fixtures and tile, painting, wall vinyl, electric locks, television, carpentry, etc.
- Complete routine equipment checks and preform preventative maintenance on hotels' machinery (boilers, laundry equipment, vacuums, etc.) as schedule.
- Guarantee that projects are all promptly accomplished and in line with appropriate specifications.
- Work together with the Maintenance Manager, Housekeeping Manager, connects with the General Manager to discuss any aspect of operations which will involve the maintenance department.
- Carry out assessment of requirements for completion of reports, or work orders to the management as stated by standard procedures.
- Engage in flexible work schedules to be able to perform well during emergencies.
- Display a positive "can do" attitude while maintaining I high level of professionalism consistent with the company values.
- Knowledgeable in mechanical, plumbing, architectural or electronics fields with experience in maintenance.
- Pleasant demeanor with ability to smile.
- Ability to handle internal and external clients with high degree of tolerance.
- Ability to kneel, bend, carry, walk, stoop, climb, and lift items (over 50 lbs.), in addition to possessing manual skills.
- Ability to communicate efficiently with all other departments and department leaders.
Experience / Education:
Minimum 1 year of general building maintenance or equivalent in a trade profession.
This is a very physical demanding job that requires extended periods of walking, standing, bending, lifting, twisting and kneeling and climbing ladders. Lifting of up to 65 lbs. Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job type: Full-time Year-round
Candidates applying for the position must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, weekends, holidays and share on-call responsibilities. The ideal candidate is someone who is eager to learn, reliable, and willing to work. Experience is preferred, but we will train the right candidate.
How to Apply
Please see the Apply Here link for our job postings and to fill out an application. Give us a call or send us an email with any questions you may have. We'd be happy to hear from you.