Looking for the Wise River Club rock star chef/kitchen manager
The iconic Big Hole River is behind us and we’re a stones throw from the Wise River. Mountains too!
- year round
- Wise River, Montana
- $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 / year
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Mar 01, 2024)
For more than a hundred years, the Wise River Club (also known early on as the Wise River Hotel) has served as the gathering spot for the community of Wise River, Montana, and an essential stop over spot on the way to or after a well-spent day of fishing, hunting, off-road exploring, snowmobiling, hiking, camping, gold panning, or any of several other forms of summer and winter outdoor activities offered by the Pioneer Mountains and the Big Hole River Valley. The Wise River, for which the club was originally named, is an approximately 30 mile tributary of the Big Hole River and is just a stone’s throw from the Club.
As Chef at the Wise River Club, you will play a pivotal role in crafting unforgettable dining experiences. You will be responsible for creating, preparing, and presenting high-quality dishes that showcase your culinary expertise. You'll work in a collaborative and dynamic environment, ensuring that our menu offerings are both delicious and visually appealing. You will craft an exceptional experience for a variety of clientele, with creativity and professional discretion playing a key factor in your daily routine.
This is a unique opportunity to work with an established, historic business as it reinvigorates its reputation as a club that strives to protect its legacy while providing a few updates to entice your taste buds and musical inclinations. With several brand-name partnerships and growth opportunities on the horizon, the right person can not only flex their creative and culinary muscles, but also find the growth and recognition they are looking for.
- Culinary Creativity: Develop and execute innovative, seasonally inspired menus that cater to a diverse clientele.
- Food Preparation: Prepare and cook dishes to the highest standards of quality and consistency, adhering to established recipes and guidelines.
- Menu Development: Collaborate with the management team to design new dishes and update the menu regularly to keep it fresh and appealing.
- Quality Assurance: Ensure that all dishes leaving the kitchen meet the highest standards of taste, presentation, and hygiene.
- Kitchen Management: Oversee kitchen operations, including cost analysis, inventory management, ordering supplies, managing a team, and maintaining kitchen cleanliness and safety.
- Team Leadership: Lead and mentor a small seasonal kitchen staff, providing guidance, training, and support to maintain a cohesive and efficient kitchen team.
- Food Safety: Enforce strict food safety standards and ensure all staff adhere to sanitation and safety guidelines.
- Cost Control: Manage food costs by minimizing waste and controlling portion sizes while maintaining quality.
- Collaboration: Work closely with the front-of-house staff to provide excellent service and accommodate special requests and dietary restrictions.
- Proven experience as a Chef in a high-quality restaurant or culinary establishment.
- A passion for food and a commitment to delivering outstanding culinary experiences.
- Knowledge of various cooking techniques and cuisines.
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation regulations.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Creative product development and merchandising a plus.
- High level of professional discretion and ability to interact with high-touch clientele.
Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes, and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly quartered environment.
Ability to commute/relocate - Reliably commute to work, or furnished on-site housing is available for some candidates.
How to Apply
If you are a creative and dedicated Chef with a passion for culinary excellence, we invite you to join our team at the Wise River Club. Please send your resume, along with a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and a portfolio of your culinary creations (if available), to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wise River Club is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.