Now Hiring Conservation Crew Leaders! ($350-$550 per week, based on experience)
Work outdoors, live sustainably, explore Wisconsin!
- La Crosse, Wisconsin
- $550.00 / week
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Apr 02, 2018)
Position Type: Full-time/Seasonal
Spring Session: April 2nd – May 19th
Summer Session: May 29th – August 18th
Session 1: June 15 – July 14
Session 2: July 20 – August 18
Fall Session: September 4th – November 17th (tentative)
Compensation: $350 – $550 per week (based on experience), plus room & board
For More Info: Contact Chad DuChateau at 608-799-5183 or email@example.com
Now Hiring Crew Leaders!
Build trails, plant trees, respond to a natural disaster, construct a bridge or a huge rock staircase - it's all in a day's work for a WisCorps Crew Leader!
WisCorps crews complete high-quality rail construction and other direct conservation projects throughout Wisconsin and the Upper Midwest. WisCorps crews are residential, consisting of 4-5 Corps Members led by an experienced adult Crew Leader, who camp and work near their project sites.
You will be responsible for crew safety, ensuring high-quality work, building community, crew work ethics, and personal development of the Crew Members, among other responsibilities. You must be comfortable with hard work in tough conditions commonly found living outdoors for weeks at a time.
For more information about specific crews dates and details.
WisCorps is a 501(c)(3) non-profit conservation corps that provides a valuable service to Wisconsin’s citizens and environment by engaging young adults in direct conservation projects on public lands across the state of Wisconsin and the Upper Midwest.
Crew Leader Responsibilities:
- Supervise, motivate, and mentor a crew of 4-5 young adults for 4-12 weeks at a time
- Work closely with Project Sponsors to ensure proper completion of project goals
- Oversee safety, care, and well-being of your crew on and off the worksite
- Create crew cohesiveness and positive crew culture
- Educate crew about various conservation issues
- Commit to the development of Corps Member leadership skills
- Remain drug, tobacco, and alcohol-free while with your crew
Crew Leader Qualifications
- Outdoor leadership experience with youth or young adults
- Highly self-motivated, hardworking, confident, autonomous
- Has a sense of humor, able to think outside of the box
- Proficient communication skills
- Relishes rugged living conditions
- 22-year-old minimum
- Good driving record and a valid driver’s license
- Ready to undergo a criminal background check
Learn more about WisCorps: https://wiscorps.org/conservation-program/
Link to online application: https://wiscorps.org/2018-conservation-crew-leader-application/
How to Apply
To apply, visit our website and fill out online application. Online application is preferred, but candidates may also mail the application complete with cover letter and resume to Chad DuChateau.