Join our team and keep the wheels turning at the ultimate outdoor playground! Housing Available!
Located in the Rocky Mountains!
- Winter Park, Colorado
- $20.50 - $22.50 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play... Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals, and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are provided!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A Bike Mechanic is responsible for completing required and preventative maintenance on the Trestle Bike Park Shop rental and demo bike fleet, along with all designated record keeping. A Bike Mechanic is required to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays with the goal being to maximize the available rental fleet each day. They will be an independent and self-motivated worker who demonstrates a track record of success in a comparable position, especially in the area of bike suspension maintenance and repair. Interaction with suppliers will be required for training, support and warranty issues. The mechanic will also be required to assist with the rental techs with public rental fitting as required. In addition, they will follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation codes.
- Responsible for continued maintenance of mountain bike rental fleet, especially working Fox and Rockshox suspensions.
- Ability to follow and maintain all maintenance tracking SOPs
- Help with bike rentals when needed.
- Wash bikes.
- Work with bike technicians to ensure safety of all bike rentals.
- Ability to complete required paperwork in an accurate and legible manor.
- Ability to adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Maintaining a safe rental fleet.
- Able to stand through most of shift
- Able to lift bikes weighing 50 lbs or more
- Able have the dexterity to work with tools and small pieces
- Previous experience working in a bike shop as a mechanic with an overall strong knowledge of all types of bikes required.
- Formal Mechanic Training Preferred
- Previous experience specifically working with a variety of suspension set ups required
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Knowledge of Winter Park’s trail system, terrain park, and summer program desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, hear, and operate a computer and other office productivity machinery.
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
hourly pay range: $20.50-22.50
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.