Join our team-help keep our mountain playground pristine! Housing Available!
Located in the Rocky Mountains
- Winter Park, Colorado
- $19.25 - $19.25 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play... Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals, and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are provided!
The Facilities Crew Member will follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation codes. The primary responsibility for this position is to provide janitorial and bussing service to base and mountain facilities, special event assignments, assisting guests in a friendly and helpful manner, and assisting other departments when necessary. Applicant should be a team player, hardworking and self-starter. Must be willing to work extra hours during busy periods. Valid driver's license and good driving record desirable. Some supervisory experience, good people skills and familiarity with janitorial operations and equipment is desirable.
- Help establish work priorities in conjunction with supervisor, other departments, and overlap between day/night/mountain leaders, then assigns members through daily cleaning schedules and/or the section board.
- Complete daily checklists, work orders, and other operational paperwork.
- Enters all hours worked into appropriate accounts, tardiness and absences of each employee on the computer program.
- Observes and assists team members to insure they complete assignments, maintain a neat, clean appearance, and congenial manner with all guests. Handles guest complaints with diplomacy, or refers them to supervisor, creating harmony.
- Maintain janitorial equipment, supplies and closets.
- Assist facilities supervisor with minor repairs of furnishings, fixtures, mechanical and electrical systems, structural systems.
- Perform opening procedures to insure all facilities and surrounding areas are clean, safe, and ready for use, and closing procedures to maintain security of facilities under their responsibility.
- Be aware of, take appropriate action to correct, and/or report to Supervisor or proper authority any major malfunctions, unsafe or unsanitary conditions.
- Maintain security of facilities in coordination with Security personnel. Perform opening and closing procedures as assigned.
- Assist Supervisor training employees in safety procedures and standards.
- Adhere to all safety procedures and utilize required safety equipment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School or GED - General Education Development (High School equivalency) is required.
- Janitorial experience preferred
Qualifications and Skills:
- Staging, drapes, skirting, AV equipment, and other special event equipment set up.
- Ladders and scaffolding experience. Public relation skills.
- Must be able to operate resort 4x4 trucks and small equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office suite desirable.
- Public speaking experience desirable
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily - reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
- Assist with janitorial needs and coordination of special events.
- Advise facilities supervisor of supply, equipment, and major cleanup or maintenance needs. Schedules and directs teams to complete these needs.
- Assist guests and employees with directions and information in a friendly, professional manner. Effectively handle first-line conflicts and grievances.
- Directs and/or performs snow removal and parking duties as assigned.
- Lift and move furniture, supplies and equipment.
- Be aware of area cleanliness. Throughout the day, pick up trash that if noticed.
- Acts as specific project leader as assigned.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays, additional hours, and respond to last minute schedule changes as demands require.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts' total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
hourly pay range: $19.25
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law. Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.