Explore the outdoors at 9,000 feet and elevate your summer job! Housing Available!
Located in the Rocky Mountains
- Winter Park, Colorado
- $18.00 - $22.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play... Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals, and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are provided!
The Summer Operations Outdoor Adventure Crew Member is responsible for the safe and fun operation of all summer base activities. Spend your day outdoors, helping our guests Venture Out. Position will rotate through a variety of job duties located at the base of Winter Park Resort. Work with a team to provide excellent guest service and enjoy your wonderful outdoor office.
- Work in a team environment to ensure exceptional guest experiences at Winter Park Resort.
- Responsible for daily operations of all activities.
- Act as an ambassador of Winter Park Resort.
- Attend and understand all training provided
- Assist other crew members in opening and closing of activities
- Maintain accurate records according to established guidelines.
- Have a passion for the outdoors
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience in a guest service industry, desirable.
Qualifications and Skills:
- At least 18 years of age.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- The primary physical environment in which this position works is out of doors with a high exposure level to cold, snow, wind, rain, bugs, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, lightning, etc...
- The degree of strenuous activity within the job is considered to be high. Often lifting a weight of 60 pounds throughout the day is common.
- Additional strenuous physical activity may include walking or hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or equipment.
- Exposure to: Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing, and painting. UV radiation from the sun enhanced through lack of atmospheric filtration at work altitude. Fumes produced in activities ranging from cleaning to painting. Noise generated by lift equipment, and tools may require hearing protection to be worn.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily - reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts' total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
hourly pay range: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.