Hospitality in the Rocky Mountains!
- Winter Park, Colorado
- $18.00 - $20.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 1 month. (Nov 07, 2022)
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play... Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals, and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are provided!
The Retail Sales Associate is responsible for handling the daily greeting of the guests, and the presentation, closing, and finalization of the sales of the store merchandise to the guests. He/she assists in inventory control and suggests reorders and new products. He/she is part of the team that is responsible for the overall cleanliness and profitability of the entire store. He/she consistently follows policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook and Retail Rental training.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Greets and converses knowledgeably about the store products with the guests.
- Presents the store merchandise in a pleasing, polite manner to the guest and satisfies their product needs, wants, and desires to ensure an excellent, quality-filled, and safe resort and mountain experience.
- Can attend to more than one guest at a time.
- Can aggressively close a sale.
- Can up-sell and add-on sell with each sale.
- Can maintain store standards of cleanliness
- Operates with efficiency the computer point of sale system, (cash register).
- Have excellent cash handling and credit card handling skills.
- Is a team player and understands and exhibits cooperation.
- Merchandises products in an attractive, effective manner with focal points.
- Able to meet daily and weekly sales goals
- Restocks shelves as needed
- Attend product knowledge clinics during the normal store operating hours and after closing hours as needed.
- Clean and make ready the store for operation as needed. This is to include but not limited to, sweeping, vacuuming, mirror and glass cleaning, fixture cleaning and polishing, trash removal, bathroom cleaning, zip, and tuck products on fixtures, folding of clothing, and unloading of products from boxes onto shelves and fixtures.
- Perform other duties as directed
- Must be available to work overtime, weekends, and holidays, and respond to emergency schedule changes, as business requires.
- Must be able to speak and write English as a primary language.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required in dealing with guests, supervisors, fellow employees, managers, and other departments.
- Must possess a friendly, outgoing personality being able to approach guests with a positive attitude, and a smile, and help them with their in-store needs, wants, and desires.
- Retail merchandising experience desired, but not necessary.
- Guest Service experience, in some way, is desired, but not necessary.
- High School Diploma or GED required
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts' hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts' total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
hourly pay range: $18-20 per hour
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, hear, and operate a computer and other office productivity machinery.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to harsh and varying outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the workplace is usually moderate.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees based on age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law. Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.