Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers.
- Winter Park, Colorado
- $50,000.00 / year
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play... Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals, and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are provided!
The position is responsible for driving resort visits, revenue, and brand awareness and preference through engaging content across our blog, organic and paid social media channels, and supporting written content needs across other digital channels such as the
This role is responsible for owning and developing our brand voice across all digital touchpoints. They will use owned and paid channels to bring our personality and mission to life in social captions, blog posts, and short or long-form copy on the website, email, advertising, and other channels. This includes identifying and creating key messaging used in marketing campaigns for Lodging, Activities, Food and Beverage, Ski and Ride School, Paid Ticket, and Pass Products, in addition to others.
This role will own and execute our content marketing strategies for Winter Park Resorts' social channels and blog, in addition to other sub-brands like Trestle. They will use those strategies to drive brand affinity and engagement, compel consumers to experience Winter Park, drive incremental visits to the resort and drive core business revenue. This role will be a key partner with Business Unit stakeholders to help drive results. They will work with the Marketing Associate Manager to develop holistic marketing plans to meet KPIs with paid social and will work with the Creative and Content Manager and Digital Content Coordinator to create engaging and high-performing paid social ads.
This role will provide regular reporting for content performance and develop testing strategies for content to ensure continued engagement and growth across digital channels. They will be responsible for noticing trends across channels and the industry to ensure marketing efforts stay relevant and captivating.
This role will report to the Creative & Content Marketing Manager who oversees all content marketing for organic and paid channels including written content and photo/video production. This role will also have one direct report, the Digital Content Coordinator, and will be responsible for managing their day-to-day workload and professional development. This role will be primarily responsible for written content and will not be required to shoot photos and videos.
The Social Media and Content Associate Manager is expected to approach their role with a data-driven mindset, have a strong sense of business acumen, and apply creative problem-solving to marketing challenges.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Brand Voice and Copy Writing
- Own and evolve our brand voice across public-facing channels (owned and paid social, blog, website, email, and third-party sites) to create a consistent brand presence.
- Work within and adapt writing style to brand standards for voice, tone, and personality
- Assist with copywriting for marketing materials as needed for web, email, and other channels needed.
- Can write long-form and short-form copy for traditional and digital media including video, radio, print, brochures, email, social, and websites.
- Content campaigns
- Work across the marketing team to establish key product messaging and create holistic marketing plans.
- Work with resort business units to promote revenue-driving activities and other needs.
- Can interpret a project/creative brief and create marketing materials that are on strategy and adhere to all mandatories.
- Blog content and strategy
- Lead blog strategy to drive brand affinity and engagement, compel consumers to experience Winter Park, drive incremental visits to the resort and drive ancillary resort business revenue.
- Manage blog to be a relevant and compelling key marketing tool.
- Ensure brand and accurate content, and overall blog quality
- Promote blog content across digital channels
- Social media
- Lead organic social media marketing strategy for Winter Park Resort and Trestle Bike Park across all channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok, YouTube, and Pinterest.
- Create content and posts that promote Winter Park’s experience holistically, while adhering to brand guidelines
- Work with operations and PR to address news, updates, concerns, and timely information, while balancing promotional posts
- Analytics reporting and optimization of social media platforms
- Paid media and analytics
- Work with Creative and Content Manager to select creative for paid social media campaigns, provide insights from prior campaigns and industry trends, and write copy for paid social ads.
- Manage in-house paid social media budget and work with the Marketing Associate Manager to establish an effective and informative testing strategy.
- Understand and consider industry and channel trends, while working with Alterra Mountain Company's social team to provide recommendations for expanding the brand within digital channels and partnerships.
- Deliver regular reports around social content performance, blog views, digital marketing channel integration, and more, based on relevant KPIs and brand
- Must be detail-oriented and have a strong sense of accountability and ownership over their work.
- Strong written skills with an understanding of brand voice and adapting voice to different audiences.
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision and act as a problem solver, creative thinker, and self-starter.
- Proven ability to manage and develop talent.
- Must maintain a sense of curiosity and foster a department culture of innovation, collaboration, and accountability and be successful in experiential hospitality and promotionally driven, fast-paced, metrics-oriented company.
- 3-7 years of related experience in social media, content, or brand marketing.
- Experience in hospitality, travel, or experiential brand preferred.
- At least 1 year of management experience is strongly preferred.
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts' hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts' total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
Salary Range: $50,000 - $67,000/year
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment constantly.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices, and basic office equipment constantly.
- Ability to work for extended periods sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking constantly.
- Ability to work for extended periods standing, walking, kneeling, pushing, and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors, and other employees.
Indoor/Outdoor: This job is primarily inside, but may require some on-mountain work from time to time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to harsh and varying outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the workplace is usually moderate.
Travel Requirements: Minimal travel required and only in the local area.
Hours: This position may be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees based on age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law. Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.