Love Your Job! Love Where You Live!
Located in the Rocky Mountains!
- Winter Park, Colorado
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play... Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are provided!
The ‘Sign Maker’ is responsible for the fabrication, maintenance, and installation of Winter Park Resort signage and graphics. This employee will perform these tasks in accordance with Sign Shop specifications, local sign codes, ski industry requirements, and tramway sign requirements. This position is responsible for incorporating signage into a consistent corporate image. The ‘Sign Maker’ will also follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation codes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Receive and record work orders as set forth in the Signage and Graphics Standards Manual
- Coordinate work with Supervisor, assist in cost estimating, and establish their personal job priority
- Design, fabricate, layout, and install signs with the philosophy of establishing a consistent corporate image
- Coordinate projects with assisting shops/crews and follow up until job is complete
- Alert team and manager to special requests that may require operational, design or location review by management.
- Fabricate all types of signage on a variety of materials, and install signs in interior and exterior locations
- Assist departments in evaluating sign effectiveness, research materials and fabrication techniques, and make recommendations for improving sign systems
- Generate drawings by hand or computer, and digitize art on the computer for logo/design reproduction
- Maintain signage on periodic schedule.
- Account for time and material on shop worksheet and record information for labor and inventory billing
- Input work orders, and related data, through resort work order management system. Communicate work order numbers generated for timekeeping and internal inventory billing.
- Enter all internal billing in inventory / work order management system to properly assign inventory items to other departments for work completed.
- Maintain adequate inventory and prepare end of period accounting (and for all resort signage between seasons)
- Store and inventory signs by number, type, and location
- Assist and provide sign services to outside groups and tenants as required
- Coordinate and follow through on contracted sign
- Maintain a friendly, congenial, and helpful attitude while effectively dealing with guests and other employees
- Report and/or correct hazard conditions which may affect employee or public safety
- Wear appropriate safety equipment and follow established safety policies and procedures
- Provide careful supervision and training procedures in the usage and disposal of toxic and flammable materials (used for application and clean up)
- Maintain and supervise proper housekeeping
- Help with area and mountain litter control
- Maintain equipment and vehicles assigned to the shop
- Other duties as assigned
- Two or more (2+) years of experience in sign or carpentry field, skills in engraving, and art-related training – desired
- Formal training in art/design - desired
- Computers, scanners, printers, and plotters – strongly desired
- Experience in carpentry with skills in layout, installation, engraving, and woodworking – desired
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License ad clean motor vehicle record – required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer functionality – required
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite Software and Sign Industry-specific software – desirable
- Experience with the following:
- Computers, scanners, printers, plotters
- Graphics arts and drafting tools
- Design and sign-making software
- Computerized engraving equipment and software
- Ladders, scaffolding
- Paint equipment, sprayers
- All carpentry shop tools and equipment
- Electric power tools, table saw, scroll saw, band saw, drill press, grinders, routers
- Ability to drive bucket trucks, snowmobiles, snowcats
- College degree or equivalent – preferred
- High School Diploma or GED - required
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
hourly pay range: $19.54 - $25.00 per hour
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, hear, and operate a computer and other office productivity machinery. The employee is also regularly required to ski or snowboard, ride a chair lift, drive a snowmobile, hike or otherwise access all alpine terrain on and off the mountain to repair, install, replace and remove signage for the resort.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to harsh and varying outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the workplace is usually moderate.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law. Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.