Manage Corporate Sales Accounts From Home - Year Round Remote Corporate Sales Manager role
Assist & Implement Strategies to Help Drive Winter Park Resort
- Winter Park, Colorado
- $50,000.00 / year
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW
Opened in January of 1940, Winter Park Resort is the oldest continuously operating resort in the United States. We are located just 67 miles north-west of Denver, which makes us the closest major ski resort to the city. Owned by the City of Denver and managed by Alterra/Winter Park Operations Corporation, Winter Park Resort plays a vital role in the rich history and tradition of Denver mountain parks, and is also one of Alterra’s premier destination resorts in North America. Winter Park’s traditions are deeply rooted in railroad, logging, and the early exploration of Grand County and the local Fraser Valley. Our mission is to “create the best memories, again and again,” for our guests, our employees, our community, and our strategic partners.
The Corporate Sales Manager is responsible for managing all Corporate Accounts. The primary focus of this position is on driving business which meets the established Meeting Space, ADR and RPV targets for the assigned segments. This position is also responsible for selling conference space, food & beverage options, lift, rental, ski school products and other ancillary winter and summer products affiliated with corporate business. Primary responsibilities include helping create and maintain all corporate programs, collateral, and correspondence as well as interfacing with reservations, call centers, group ticketing and other internal departments to support corporate business.
The Corporate Sales Manager will perform trainings, sales missions, familiarization, site and mountain tours, and industry trade shows to support the primary mission of driving meeting space, lodging and ancillary product sales.
Group specific responsibilities include soliciting, negotiating, and selling year-round corporate group business focusing on meeting space and overnight group business which meets the established ADR and RPV targets for the assigned segment and ancillary product targets.
The Corporate Sales Manager will follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation codes.
- Assist and implement all Winter Park Resort/WPRL corporate strategies, plans and programs
- Ensure accurate portrayal of Winter Park Resort corporate products.
- Help communicate program terms and policies internally to affected departments, legal, lodging, front desk, home owner relations, call center, Ski School, Rentals, F&B, guests services and group ticketing departments.
- Compile, proof, organize and distribute all corporate information including, contracts, pricing, imagery, content to accounts.
- Conducts product training to assigned regions.
- Organize details and help execute familiarization (FAM trips) and site tours.
- Manages sales efforts with assigned accounts; including negotiations, contracting, and marketing/promotional program development.
- Travel to markets as required for account sales calls and exhibiting at trade shows.
- Achieves meeting space, lodging and skier day quotas for assigned accounts.
- Attend weekly lodging and lift sales meetings as well as 1:1 meetings with the Director of Sales to evaluate sales performance.
- Assist with business planning within the Sales Department.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all Winter Park Resort and Winter Park Resort Lodging products and services.
- Proficient and accurate utilization of sales/catering account management system (Delphi) and SMS reservations systems, Microsoft office products.
- Supports the mission and values of Winter Park Resort.
- Keeps current with all Winter Park Resort products, pricing and strategies.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, and accountability.
- Identify qualified prospects in market territory; initiate, develop, expand relationships in assigned territory/market segment. Convert prospective clientele into committed Winter Park customers through in-office visits, property tours, and proactive communication.
- Present, negotiate and successfully sell meeting space, lodging, food and beverage, and resort services products/programs to groups lodging in Winter Park Resort properties.
- Maintain positive and productive relationships with internal departments and operations, including, but not limited to: front desk, reservations, ski school, rentals, racing, food and beverage, conference services, and group services.
- Meet or exceed quarterly/yearly sales goals.
- Understand and support mission and values of Sales Business Unit, Winter Park and Alterra.
- Exhibit strong team play within group department, sales and marketing division and Winter Park Resort teams.
- Deliver a high level of guest service to each and every client and internal customer.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree - preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in hospitality industry
- Knowledge of airline, tourism, hospitality industry
- Possess current Corporate business relationships
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to commute to our Winter Park Resort office as needed.
- Ability to work with multi-faceted projects.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Exceptional communication skills required to communicate clearly and professionally via phone, and e-mail.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Flexibility for extensive travel.
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule.
- Intermediate or Advanced Skiing/Snowboarding skills preferred.
- Strong Computer expertise; Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Delphi, SMS
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily - reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
salary range: $50-$60k plus commission
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law. Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
How to Apply
Click the link and apply today!