Coordinate everlasting memories for our guests!
Use your sales and negotiation skills to help book life changing events in the mountains.
- Winter Park, Colorado
- $46,000.00 / year
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play... Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are provided!
The Wedding and Group Sales Manager is responsible for selling Weddings for Winter Park Resort as well as Coordinating General Winter Groups. This position is the liaison between Winter Park Resort and the contracted group; coordinating lodging, rooming lists, food and beverage, meeting space, lift tickets, activities, etc, and communicating group details to the appropriate resort departments, in a manner that enhances the overall Winter Park Resort experience that the group will have. This is an extension of the sales team and the services coordinator aspect upholds contracted business and is expected to upsell groups into additional available group products.
- Solicit, negotiate and sell Wedding services
- Identify qualified Wedding prospects; initiate, develop, expand relationships in the wedding segment. Convert prospective clientele into committed Winter Park customers through in-office visits, property tours, and proactive communication.
- Present, negotiate and successfully sell lodging, food and beverage, and resort services products/programs to Wedding groups.
- Conduct professional property and on-mountain site inspections for prospective clients as well as contracted group leaders
- Send introductory letters/calls to all confirmed groups assigned.
- Return calls/inquiries from clients within 24 hours
- Communicate with assigned winter group sales manager for a clean transition from sales.
- Process signed group contracts and deposits
- Quality-check group bookings in Delphi from sales and ensure Delphi accuracy while under group services.
- Tracks and modifies group room block changes and communicates accordingly to appropriate departments
- Facilitates and coordinates all timing/schedules for groups including lift orders, rooming lists, rental fitting, S&RS, banquet, F&B, transportation, welcome bags, registration, etc.
- Create BEO’s, MEO’s, Rooming lists, Invoices, etc.
- Communicates all group needs effectively and timely to all departments involved
- Responsible for all group accounting associated with assigned groups including lodging and all ancillary products booked. Ensure proper payment distribution of all funds collected associated with the assigned group.
- Pro-actively keep groups on time with set schedules defined in their contract
- Effectively communicate with all departments any group requests, needs including: Sales, Food & Beverage, Front Desk, reservations, Housekeeping, Rentals, Group ticketing, S&RS, facilities, grounds, lift ops and any additional internal or external partners to ensure the success of the group.
- Update all booking forms necessary to complete group requests and fulfill orders, including rooming list forms, lift order forms, etc.
- Distribute follow up group survey to all clients
- Assist with non-lodging groups as needed.
- Assist with distribution and shipping of group/resort collateral if needed
- Assist with development and maintenance of Winter Park group website if needed.
- Assist and implement all sales strategies, plans for group programs
- Help communicate all group sales program terms and policies internally to affected Winter Park departments, call center, Ski School and group ticketing departments
- Assist with organizing and help execute familiarization (FAM trips) and site tours.
- Assists sales team to achieve lodging, food & beverage, S&RS, rentals and skier visits for group segment.
- Attend weekly sales meeting.
- Bi-weekly one on one with Director of Sales
- Create and distribute weekly group reports and distribute to departments as needed. Ability to generate reports needed from RTP, SMS or Delphi.
- Facilitate and organize group resume meetings as needed
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all Winter Park products.
- Proficient and accurate utilization of sales/catering account management system (Delphi) and SMS reservations systems, Microsoft office products.
- Supports the mission and values of Winter Park Resort, by daily application of selling, planning and relationship skills
- Keeps current with all Winter Park products, pricing and strategies.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, and accountability.
- Onsite Coordination of all Wedding groups and assigned winter groups
- Liaison between group sales, Bride & Groom and F&B department on wedding coordination
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in hospitality industry
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer functionality required
- Knowledge of airline, tourism, hospitality industry, specific to corporate, leisure and ski group business.
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License ad clean motor vehicle record desirable
- Delphi & SMS experience or similar catering or Property Management system software knowledge is desired
- Strong Computer expertise; Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
The base pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
Pay range: $46K base plus commission
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Intermediate or Advanced Skiing/Snowboarding skills preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
How to Apply
Click the link and apply today!