Why not live and work in the Rocky Mountains?
Is your office a Ski Resort? Let's change that...
- Winter Park, Colorado
- $40,000.00 / year
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
WHO WE ARE: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play... Are you in?
PERKS & BENEFITS: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are provided!
The IT Support Specialist (ITSS) will work with a team that acts as the primary engagement point to provide support, resolve problems, and provide solutions with new and existing technologies. The ITSS, under the direction of the IT Operations Manager, performs skilled work in the installation, configuration, support, and maintenance of computers, software, point-of-sale systems, network systems, printers, peripherals, and related equipment. The ITSS is responsible for front-line support of systems and users, providing friendly and timely service. These responsibilities include troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining hardware and software, answering the help-desk phone, responding to help-desk tickets, and prioritizing the triage and response to new and ongoing support requests. Duties also include the upkeep of documentation and inventory reports.
In addition to applying their own skills, experience, and expertise, the ITSS is expected to leverage internal and external resources to escalate issues in an appropriate and timely manner. This includes escalating to Senior Support Specialists or Systems Administrators, or engaging with vendors for external support, or hardware RMA.
Excellent customer service skills are required to provide responsive service to fellow staff, outside vendors, and end users, ensuring that the department establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships. The ITSS must be able to work under pressure and deadlines, carry out written and oral directions, and prioritize support requests to meet business objectives.
The IT Support Specialist will follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation codes.
- The organization uses a ticket work management system that follows ITIL processes. Tickets should be addressed in a timely manner, and ITIL processes should be followed.
- The IT Support Specialist ensures that systems are maintained and improved on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinating and maintaining effective communication with all staff members and vendors is essential. The IT Support Specialist responds to technical and non-technical situations in a friendly, efficient manner.
- The IT Support Specialist is required to work closely with the IT Operations Manager, Systems Administrators, and Senior Support Specialists to ensure IT and business systems are working efficiently, and is required to maintain ongoing communication with the IT Operations Manager through weekly reports, one-on-one, and scheduled meetings as required.
- Clear documentation is necessary so each member of the Support Services team is capable of helping support our systems. Documentation and inventory of computer systems must be thorough, accurate, and comply with standards established by the IT Operations Manager.
- The IT Support Specialist position is an hourly, non-exempt position. Normal work hours for this position are five days a week, 8am to 5pm. Variations from the normal work hours may be scheduled by the IT Operations Manager.
- Winter Park Resort is a 24-hour operation and requires this position to be flexible in work schedules. The position is often required to be staffed on weekends and holidays. Occasional late night shifts will be required to perform maintenance and upgrades on critical systems during hours of low utilization.
- The IT Support Specialist must interact positively with computer users, staff members, managers, executives and vendors. This position is required to assist and train fellow employees in complex information systems topics.
- Alterra Mountain Co. team members must read, understand, and abide by all procedures and guidelines defined by Alterra, Winter Park Resort, the IT Director, and the IT Operations Manager. Compliance with “The Winter Park Employee Handbook” and the Alterra policies, whenever representing their position, are mandatory.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required, degree in Information Systems desired, related field, or equivalent work experience required
Experience: Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the installation, maintenance, and repair of computers and related equipment and software.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A valid Colorado Driver's License is required. May also be required to obtain a license or specific training for off-road vehicles or snow machines.
- Strong technical skills and ability to troubleshoot problems.
- Strong abilities to read, comprehend, create, modify, and interpret technical documents.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently, while closely collaborating with management on broader IT projects.
- Experience with desktop operating systems including Microsoft Windows, and MacOS.
- Experience with setup and support of mobile devices including Windows Mobile, iOS and Android.
- Experience with low-voltage Category (Cat5e, Cat6 and so on) cabling, installation, termination, and troubleshooting.
- Basic knowledge of Ethernet networking, and LAN/WAN network technologies.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory systems is required.
- Experience with point-of-sale systems and associated peripherals is preferred.
- Familiarity with PCI and SOX compliance preferred.
The base pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
Salary pay range: $40,000-$50,000
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 40 pounds on an occasional basis, with assistance.
- Due to support demands the IT Support Specialist must be able to ski/ride, walk, snowmobile/ATV, and/or drive to all Winter Park locations.
- Must be able to carry computers and associated equipment.
- Must have fine motor skills to work with small wires and parts.
- Must be able to work outside in a high altitude, montane and alpine environment.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily - reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Duties As Assigned:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law. Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
How to Apply
Click the Link and Apply Today!