Help children and adults of all ages fall in love with Skiing and Riding! - Part Time and Full Time
Teach guests and learn more about yourself this winter at Winter Park Resort!
- Winter Park, Colorado
- $15.00 / hour + tips
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Nov 05, 2021)
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play... Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are provided!
- Financial assistance for PSIA/AASI Certifications
- Extensive on-snow training with top tier ski and snowboard educators
The Uncertified Instructor will follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation codes. The Uncertified Instructor is primarily responsible for teaching beginner skiing to the guests of Winter Park Resort. Assignments may include group lessons, private lessons and special programs for children and adults. Lessons are taught using manners and methods prescribed by the Winter Park Ski & Ride School with an emphasis on safety and fun in order to meet or exceed the motivations and expectations of our guests. Winter Park offers extensive training and financial support opportunities to assist Instructors with their professional development. Instructors are eligible for sales commissions and bonuses that may significantly increase their take home pay
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Teach lessons as assigned including group, private, special program; adults and/or children ages 2 -14.
- Full time, Uncertified Instructors are required to teach skiing. Opportunities to teach snowboarding will be based on business needs, training, and certification.
- Assist or shadow other instructors as assigned by a Supervisor.
- Assist lessons generally in the learning areas when needed.
- Help students to load and unload chairlifts.
- Report to all assignments on time and at the correct location based on your schedule or direction from a Supervisor.
- Check your schedule online daily and throughout the day using computers in the locker room area or your personal device. Assignments are subject to change at the last minute.
- Adhere to all attendance, appearance, uniform, and equipment guidelines.
- Maintain accurate class lists and complete student report cards through Flaik online software.
- Be friendly, congenial, and helpful while effectively dealing with the guests and other employees at all times.
- Greet guests, understand their motivations and how you can effectively meet or exceed their expectations.
- Escort children throughout Ski + Ride School facilities.
- Solicit and respond to feedback and constructive criticism from guests or Supervisors.
- With your Supervisor or Team Leader, establish and work towards goals for the year.
- Use a phone to communicate with staff and guests during your assignments.
- Understand and practice current teaching and skiing/riding skills as described by PSIA/AASI and Ski + Ride School training and supervisory staff.
- Use age appropriate tactics when teaching including games or activities.
- Participate in all required Ski + Ride School and Winter Park Resort trainings and orientations.
- Seek to constantly improve your teaching, skiing, or riding. Winter Park Ski + Ride School offers free, wide ranging, unpaid training opportunities.
- Willingly work in all areas of the Ski + Ride School including cross-training in a different discipline or operating surface lifts if necessary.
- Facilitate mealtime for your guests depending on daily assignment.
- Maintain a high level of physical conditioning.
- Report and correct, if possible, any unsafe conditions which may affect employee or public safety anywhere on the premises.
- Ensure guest safety throughout the day and proactively resolve any issues that may arise.
- Be aware of area cleanliness. Throughout the day, pick up trash.
- Set a positive example for other Ski + Ride School and Resort employees.
- Adhere to all Resort Personal Identifying Information policies and requirements.
- Respect all guests’ confidentiality.
- Adhere to and be willing to enforce all Resort policies regarding Covid-19 as they change. This may include wearing a mask.
- Other duties as assigned
How to Apply
Follow the link and apply today!