Work with families in the mountains of Colorado! Full Time & Part Time Available
Support our Ski and Ride School this winter in beautiful Winter Park.
- Winter Park, Colorado
- $15.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Nov 05, 2021)
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play... Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are provided!
Indoor Support Staff will follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation codes. Within the Ski + Ride School, this individual’s goal is to provide a safe, pleasant, and attentive environment with an emphasis on children’s emotional, physical, and social needs.
Indoor Support Staff will assist Instructors and Supervisors with the daily operations of Kids Ski + Ride School with an emphasis on indoor areas. Applicants should have experience or enthusiasm for working with children aged 2-14. Daily assignments will vary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Provide a safe, pleasant environment and attentive care for the children in Ski + Ride School with an emphasis on the children’s emotional, physical, and social needs.
- Interact with guests and their families throughout check in/out process.
- Use the student GPS tracking system, Flaik, to quickly resolve any incidents including missing students or incorrect class assignments.
- Maintain and transport Flaik equipment throughout the day.
- Keep all appropriate records such as accident and incident logs.
- Help throughout mealtimes and organize snacks for children.
- Perform housekeeping duties such as cleaning, dishwashing and shoveling.
- Organize and supervise activities such as reading, painting, drawing, crafts, songs, or outdoor play.
- Effectively work with children who have a difficult time adjusting to their new surroundings.
- Manage children’s behavior or incidents as they arise in a professional manner. Encourage children to take ownership over their own behavior.
- Escort children around the Ski + Ride School facilities and help children with their gear responsibly.
- Follow all procedures and policies for public health and the safety of children and employees including, but not limited to, proper hand washing techniques, sanitization of toys and equipment, sanitation of eating areas.
- Cross train and work throughout the Ski + Ride School as assigned including operating surface lifts if needed.
- Set a positive example for other Ski + Ride School and Resort employees.
- Be aware of area cleanliness and pick up trash.
- Report and correct, if possible, any unsafe conditions which may affect employee or public safety.
- Ensure guest safety throughout the day and proactively resolve any issues that may arise.
- Use radios and phones to communicate with staff and guests.
- Adhere to all Resort Personal Identifying Information policies and requirements.
- Respect all guests’ confidentiality.
- Adhere to and be willing to enforce all Resort policies regarding Covid-19 as they change. This may include wearing a mask.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Follow the link and apply today!