Make the best out of your winter and move to the snow covered Rockies!
What could be better than a free season pass to Colorado's first major ski resort?
- Winter Park, Colorado
- $15.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Oct 25, 2021)
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play... Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are provided!
The Snowmaker I will follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation codes.
- Pre-operation checkout and fueling of snowmobile.
- Show up for work in good condition.
- Receive instructions for shift from Supervisor/Controller.
- Preform basic grooming functions from Controller/Lead/Supervisor.
- Perform required work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Secure work site in a reasonably safe manner, (i.e. hoses aligned properly, snowmobiles parked, snow guns placed safely and efficiently)
- Inform Supervisor/Lead of scheduled jobs not completed.
- Inform mechanics of necessary repairs and/or service needed on snowmobiles.
- Maintain accurate up-to-date logs on equipment used.
- Maintain a friendly, congenial, and helpful attitude while effectively dealing with guests, mechanics, and other employees.
- Practices safe methods for snowmobile, snow gun, and hydrant and pump house functions.
- Report and correct, if possible, unsafe conditions regarding equipment and area of work, or elsewhere on the area including pump houses, snowmobiles, and snowmaking sections throughout the resort.
- Housekeeping of assigned work/shop/equipment area.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Accurately recorded time swipes, handwritten time cards, machine write-ups, and water read-outs.
- Must be able to maintain a sustainable health standard in fast-changing altitudes and workloads.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.