Located in the Rocky Mountains, the Best Place for Mountain Lovers and Adventure Seekers.
It's not a job, it's a lifestyle!
- Winter Park, Colorado
- $15.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Nov 05, 2021)
About The Resort
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play... Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are provided!
Lift Crew Member’s will play a key role in safely transporting guests to experience the world class terrain of Winter Park Resort. As a member of the Lift Operations Crew, Crew Members are tasked with the safe operation of Lifts, Platter and Conveyors, all while providing every guest with excellent service. The position requires a positive attitude, a willingness to help guests and fellow crew members and a passion for the outdoors and high alpine environment. The successful Lift Operations Crew Member will learn all required knowledge, bring a positive attitude each day and help continue Winter Park Resort’s reputation of industry leading friendliness and helpfulness. When done well, the position of Lift Operations Crew Member involves positive guest interaction and plenty of skiing and riding throughout the day.
- Operate all lifts in accordance with CPTSB, ANSI B-77 and USFS Rules and Regulations
- Be alert for hazards and potential hazards involving passengers, employees and machinery.
- Consistently follow safety procedures and utilize appropriate safety equipment.
- Follow Winter Park Resort and Lift Department policies and procedures.
- Attend safety meetings.
- Create and maintain a friendly, congenial and helpful attitude while effectively providing our skiing guests and other employees with assistance, information and/or directions.
- Effectively handle first-line conflicts and grievances with guests.
- Maintain a positive working atmosphere that encourages team work, cooperation and communication.
- Perform opening procedures, daily operational inspection and complete Lift Log as delegated by crew leader and/or Supervisor .
- Follow loading and unloading procedures for passengers including those with special needs (i.e. NSCD participants, Ski & Snowboard School participants, and children).
- Keep lift area and lift cabins neat, paying particular attention to housekeeping, ropes, barriers, ramps, corrals, tool storage, snow removal, ski tip clearance.
- Keep trail maps and tissue dispensers full.
- Complete lift logs, lift incident forms neatly, accurately and timely.
- Communicate with Lift Supervisor for updates on schedule changes, memos, policy changes, and special events.
- Become familiar with basic day to day sounds and appearance of the lift and lift components. Immediately notify dispatch of any changes.
- Maintain uniform and appearance standards in accordance with Lift Department guidelines.
- Perform ticket validation duties when assigned.
- Be a Winter Park guest relations representative. Project a desirable image that reflects favorably upon incumbent, this position, and the ski resort.
- Keep ample supply of Lift Incident Reports, Lift Logs, etc. on hand.
- Perform other duties as directed.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
How to Apply
Follow the link below and apply today!