Live and work in a place you love!!!
Located just 67 miles away from Denver!
- Winter Park, Colorado
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Nov 30, 2020)
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Opened in January of 1940, Winter Park Resort is the oldest continuously operating resort in the United States. We are located just 67 miles north-west of Denver, which makes us the closest major ski resort to the city. Winter Park’s traditions are deeply rooted in railroad, logging, and the early exploration of Grand County and the local Fraser Valley. Our mission is to “create the best memories, again and again,” for our guests, our employees, our community, and our strategic partners.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Alterra Mountain Company is a community of 12 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real-estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with destinations across the continent, we are rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans five U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Deer Valley in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. We honor each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrate the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone together.
Maintenance Technicians work as an integral part of the larger Winter Park Resort Lodging (WPRL) Division’s team. The WPRL comprises the following departments: Front Desk; Housekeeping; Laundry; Condo Maintenance; Owner Relations;; Commercial Management; Village Company, and the Vintage Hotel.
We are charged with assuring the safe, efficient, fiscally-responsible and high-quality operation of this significant physical plant (from the largest building infrastructure systems through to in-condo appliances and minor repairs) 24 hours a day/365 days per year.
The Maintenance Tech is very much considered a “Front Of House” role with regular service interaction required between the Tech and our guests, homeowners, internal partners and other stakeholders.
Expeditiously and effectively responding to guest/owner calls for maintenance assistance forms one of the most critical functions of this role. Additionally, completing daily/weekly/monthly/annual routine and preventative maintenance tasks and taking on specialized project work rounds out the rest of this role.
Maintenance Techs will typically have a “home” property as their base, however the Techs can expect to be assigned to tasks and projects in every property at different times depending on business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Efficiently respond to all maintenance calls dispatched either the via HotSOS work order system, over the Lodging Division radio system, in person or via phone. Complete maintenance tasks to the highest degree of quality.
- Use all established protocols for approaching, announcing and entering any condo (whether believed to be vacant or occupied) – every time.
- Leave work location (whether condo, common area, maintenance shops, employee area or administrative area) in pristine condition following project completion.
- Display professionalism, proficiency and guest-centric demeanor when interacting with guests, homeowners and peers at all times.
- Escalate issues that the Maintenance Tech is not able to effectively address to Foreman or Manager in a timely manner.
- Report on completion (or delay if further issue is discovered) immediately via use of HotSOS or other communications tools as directed.
- Accurately diagnose more complex maintenance issues including in-unit problems, building systems problems. Can trouble-shoot larger issues (multiple units, multiple-property issues) and provide a timely and succinct update to all stakeholders.
- Able to complete plumbing, electric, HVAC, carpentry/finish repairs without supervision when dispatched on maintenance calls.
- Has achieved proficiency levels in the above items which would enable Maintenance Lead to provide basic training and project oversight to other team members.
- Is honest and demonstrates integrity
- Follows established resort policies and procedures
- Able to manage confidential information
- Reports to work exhibiting a professional appearance within defined guidelines
- Is supportive of resort mission and core values
- Sets a positive attitude for others to follow
- Is comfortable challenging established policies and procedures, but once decisions are made, is supportive of decisions
- Is organized and capable of performing multiple tasks
- Is trustworthy and self-directed in work tasks
- Sees projects through to completion including follow-ups on any identified issues or long-term concerns
- Able to handle a fast-paced working environment
- Is flexible with days and hours of work, based on resort needs
- Prioritizes, and re-prioritizes personal time versus work needs to ensure a good balance in life, and quality of work.
- Must be able to work outside in the winter and summer under varying conditions.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. with assistance.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, standing, walking, kneeling
- Must be able and comfortable working on ladders and in genie lifts.
- Must be able to work in diverse locations with varying temperatures, light and noise levels (e.g. boiler rooms, spa mechanical rooms, garages, crawl spaces).
- Must have dexterity to operate radio, computer, blackberry, hand-tools, power tools, and other equipment.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Trade Licenses Highly Desired
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer functionality required
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License ad clean motor vehicle record required.
- Minimum of one (1) year in residential maintenance, property management or in a customer service role required.
- Excellent working knowledge and proven skills in general maintenance and demonstrable experience and skills in plumbing, electric, carpentry/finish and HVAC including use of all necessary tools, equipment and materials and associated PPE where required.
- Proven experience in the hotel, lodging and hospitality industry (especially resort lodging or ski area lodging) preferred.
- Experience using HOTSOS preferred.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
How to Apply