Live and work in a place you love!!!
Winter Park is located 67 miles away from Denver!
- Winter Park, Colorado
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Dec 07, 2020)
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Opened in January of 1940, Winter Park Resort is the oldest continuously operating resort in the United States. We are located just 67 miles north-west of Denver, which makes us the closest major ski resort to the city. Owned by the City of Denver and managed by Intrawest/Winter Park Operations Corporation, Winter Park Resort plays a vital role in the rich history and tradition of Denver mountain parks, and is also one of Intrawest’s premier destination resorts in North America. Winter Park’s traditions are deeply rooted in railroad, logging, and the early exploration of Grand County and the local Fraser Valley. Our mission is to “create the best memories, again and again,” for our guests, our employees, our community, and our strategic partners.
The ‘Manager Building Maintenance’ plays a critical role in the Winter Park Resort Lodging and Property Management Division (WPRL), which comprises the following departments: Front Desk, Housekeeping, Condo Maintenance, Owner Relations, HOA Management, Commercial Management, Village Company, and the Vintage Hotel.
As a member of the division’s management team, the Building Maintenance Manager is responsible for managing the consistent delivery of outstanding repair services, preventative maintenance, and guest/owner service to the four different properties (Zephyr Mountain Lodge, Fraser Crossing/Founders Pointe, Parry Peak Lofts and the Vintage Hotel) in and around Winter Park Resort. The ‘Manager Building Maintenance’ will supervise The Village at Winter Park as well.
The ‘Manager Building Maintenance’ will be charged with leading a team of up to four (4) Maintenance Supervisors and up to 20 Maintenance technicians to ensure quality delivery of work and management services under our responsibility. All tasks, decisions and activities undertaken by the Manager must be conducted within the framework of any existing Agreements with individual owners and/or HOAs (with a focus on maintaining a mutually beneficial relationship for all parties).
The ‘Manager Building Maintenance’ must be able to handle a fast-paced/dynamic work environment and display a drive to challenge the status quo (while finding creative, effective, and financially sound solutions to a variety of operational issues). This employee is responsible for maintaining a departmental focus on guest and employee safety. This includes responsibility for appropriate record-keeping, development, and the delivery of staff safety training. The manager should maintain a continual assessment of guest facing areas to ensure adherence to industry safety standards.
An ability to prioritize and organize their own work and that of others while effectively multi-tasking, decision-making, and interacting with owners, guests, employees, contractors and peers will be a key success driver for this person and their team. This Manager will be responsible to (or will lead foremen to) recruit, hire, train, and effectively lead a team while maintaining a focus on our resort Core Values and business needs. The ‘Manager Building Maintenance’ will follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation codes.
- Lead, train, coach and correct the team of Core, Regular, Seasonal, and Part Time Maintenance Techs.
- Develop and administer budgets to provide and track equipment, materials, revenue, and labor for department functions.
- Assist HOAs in budget estimates and provide accurate monthly forecasts and detailed variance analysis of budgets throughout the fiscal year.
- Manage the tracking and billing of HOAs and homeowners and provide timely bids upon HOA board/owner request.
- Manage property key systems and develop and sustain a rigorous access control system.
- Manage and maintain internet-based work order system (HotSOS).
- Manage and maintain HVAC systems.
- Manage and maintain pools and spas (The Vintage Hotel).
- Manage and maintain fire prevention systems.
- Maintain building lighting systems.
- Work in conjunction with Resort Base Ops. to ensure the Village and lodging property common areas are well maintained and free of snow and debris.
- Manage JIT purchasing via D365 order system, maintain inventory systems, and follow ordering/receiving procedures.
- Manage the ordering of parts for projects and maintenance items.
- Manage special projects as assigned, including but not limited to: creating RFPs, preparing bids, preparing recommendations for outsourced work, analyzing bids and vendors, and generating thoughtful recommendations for HOA boards/owners/ management company.
- Negotiate contracts and ensure that outside contractors perform services per bid specifications and have the appropriate licenses and permits to do so.
- Manage capital projects including re-imagining initiatives, facility innovations, and maintenance.
- Manage a safe work and guest environment.
- Ensure required safety meetings and updates are delivered.
- Ensure buildings comply with Federal, State, and Local codes.
- Participate in HOA, homeowner, and committee meetings as appropriate – presenting high quality progress reports (both in written, visual and verbal format) at such meetings.
- Establish and maintain a positive and mutually beneficial relationship with homeowners.
- Serve as a liaison for all owners with external and internal service providers.
- Receive and respond to maintenance requests ensuring responsive and timely issue resolution.
- Provide proactive, preventative, and responsive maintenance services and technical expertise to ensure all properties including in-unit, common areas, and other property areas are operational, safe, and well-maintained.
- Work closely with strategic partners (internal and external).
- Continually seek ways to grow the Maintenance Department’s EBIDTA.
- Provide oversight during emergency contractor projects.
- Provide strategically and financially responsible project planning and oversight.
- Deliver outstanding service to our homeowners, strategic partners, and co-workers.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- College degree or equivalent experience with specialization in facilities management and/or engineering required
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in construction (lodging, resort, condominium, residential or high-rise facilities) maintenance, project management, property management, or building engineering roles required.
- General maintenance experience including plumbing, basic electrical, paint, drywall, and other general interior maintenance skills including, building repair, maintenance, and/or construction experience.
- Experience working with building reserve studies and capital projects.
- Proven experience in taking all necessary steps to create a safe environment for employees, homeowners, and guests.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong, proven financial knowledge and general accounting skills required (including budgeting, business planning, creating forecast and variance reports).
- Strong and demonstrable working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook) and computer skills required. Working knowledge of HotSOS, Metasys, D365, Springer-Miller System (SMS), Visio and Project highly desirable.
- Strong demonstrable Supervisory skills.
- Strong demonstrable communication skills (written and verbal); able and comfortable to present to large groups.
- General knowledge of core building systems and infrastructure including HVAC, electrical, elevators, commercial hot water systems, commercial sump pumps, swimming pools/hot tubs etc.
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License and clean MVR history.
- Any trade licenses desirable.
- Ability to operate a variety of equipment, including skid-steer.
- Ability to read blueprints and system schematics. Experience with maintenance-related documented storage.
- Experience with project management highly recommended.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to move throughout and between multiple lodging properties and work outside in the winter and summer under varying conditions.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Must have the experience and dexterity to operate power tools and heavy equipment.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
How to Apply
Please apply online.