Reservations on the Mountain
It's not a job, It's a Lifestyle
- Winter Park, Colorado
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Opened in January of 1940, Winter Park Resort is the oldest continuously operating resort in the United States. We are located just 67 miles north-west of Denver, which makes us the closest major ski resort to the city. Owned by the City of Denver and managed by Alterra/Winter Park Operations Corporation, Winter Park Resort plays a vital role in the rich history and tradition of Denver mountain parks, and is also one of Alterra’s premier destination resorts in North America. Winter Park’s traditions are deeply rooted in railroad, logging, and the early exploration of Grand County and the local Fraser Valley. Our mission is to “create the best memories, again and again,” for our guests, our employees, our community, and our strategic partners.
- Provide personal, responsive, and professional service to all guests in selling all aspects of guests’ reservations in the Winter Park area, year round, including lodging, ground transportation, rental equipment, lessons, lift tickets, trip insurance, and other products as they become available.
- Provide information, answer questions, manage changes to itineraries, handle complaints and assist each guest regarding activities, tickets, lift and trail access, and general information about the Winter Park/Fraser area with an eye to closing sales and upselling to the visiting vacationer.
- Participates in outbound sales campaigns. This to include focused outbound programs for products and services as well as follow up on quotes and upsell opportunities.
The Reservation Sales Agent will follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation codes.
- Answer telephone in a timely fashion, answer questions, make reservations, and manage changes and cancellations to existing reservations in a friendly, professional manner.
- As assigned, respond to e-mail requests for new reservations and information.
- Determine client needs using active listening skills and needs determination questions – provide information and available options for client to make an informed decision regarding vacation planning.
- Research and source information for lodging, activities, and transportation based on client request and preferred location.
- Effectively use upselling and cross-selling techniques to enhance client experience.
- Accurately inform guest of reservation details such as lodging descriptions, rates, locations, deposit, cancellation policies, and travel insurance.
- Accurately and thoroughly input and record reservation data.
- Operation of several software programs; accuracy with keyboarding, clarity of communication with guests and subscribers.
- Participate in ongoing training on systems used in the Call Center and products/promotions.
- Maintain current and updated information on all WP Call Center and Resort policies, packages, and area activities.
- Outbound calling and e-mailing to convert quotes and upsell ancillary products.
- Maintain current knowledge of weather and snow conditions, Resort general information, Resort products & promotions, lodging packages, Resort & local events special events.
- Participate in specific outbound sales campaigns as assigned
- Engage in first phase of problem resolution regarding client complaints.
- Participate in property tours to fully understand and experience the variety of offerings available to our guests.
- Align with the Winter Park Resort Mission Statement and Core Values.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
High School diploma or GED
- Minimum one season experience with mountain resort, travel industry systems and procedures and Winter Park Vacation products desired.
- Experience working in fast-paced environment desired
- Experience in Guest Services and basic sales techniques, including needs determination, closing sales and upsell.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 18 years of age or older required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer functionality required
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License desired
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily - reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.