Spend your winter season skiing/snowboarding for free!!
Located just 67 miles away from Denver!
- Winter Park, Colorado
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Dec 01, 2020)
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Opened in January of 1940, Winter Park Resort is the oldest continuously operating resort in the United States. We are located just 67 miles north-west of Denver, which makes us the closest major ski resort to the city. Winter Park’s traditions are deeply rooted in railroad, logging, and the early exploration of Grand County and the local Fraser Valley. Our mission is to “create the best memories, again and again,” for our guests, our employees, our community, and our strategic partners.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Alterra Mountain Company is a community of 14 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real-estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with destinations across the continent, we are rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans five U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Deer Valley in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. We honor each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrate the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone together.
The Seasonal Non-CDL Driver will follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation codes.
The Driver I (Shuttle Driver) will provide personal, responsive, and professional service to all guests and homeowners of Winter Park Resort and The Village at Winter Park. Duties for this position will include: driving guests & homeowners around the resort, responding to guest requests, maintaining the general appearance of the shuttles, and all other duties as assigned. It is also an important responsibility of Shuttle Drivers to conduct vehicle inspections when necessary. A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) is not necessary for this role; however the applicant must meet the minimum requirements of the Intrawest Driver’s Standards Policy. The Driver I (Shuttle Driver) will follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation codes.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
- Shuttles guests and homeowners around Winter Park Resort in a safe and friendly manner
- Greets guests upon arrival and addresses guest concerns
- Must be knowledgeable about the ski area, community, activities, directions, dinner recommendations, etc…
- Maintains the vehicle, including: vacuums interior, removes trash at the end of every shift, wash vehicle, and alerts management when vehicle needs service or gas
- Directs guests to the ski area if they don’t have plans while they wait
- Abides by the dress code, policies, and procedures maintained by Winter Park Resort
- Promotes at all times a cooperative and problem-solving atmosphere
- Is responsible for the best possible service to the guest, while maintaining a safe environment for both guests and employees
- Other duties as assigned, including: assisting other departments, special projects, and miscellaneous duties
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- One (1) or more months of related experience and/or training in hospitality, shuttle driving, and/or resorts preferred
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have valid standard Colorado driver’s license (required) and be insurable by the company’s auto insurance carrier
- A good driving record is a must
- Must be 21 years of age or older and possess a social security card
- Must possess strong communication skills with the ability to interact in a positive manner with guests and employees
- Must be able to handle complaints and difficult customers in a polite and professional manner
- Must be able to sit in a bus for most of the day, with minimal breaks
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions in a variety of forms including written, oral, and diagram
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Responds promptly to customer needs and solicits customer feedback for improvement
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily - reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
How to Apply