Do want to live in the mountains all year long?!
Located just 67 miles from Denver!
- Winter Park, Colorado
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Nov 30, 2020)
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Opened in January of 1940, Winter Park Resort is the oldest continuously operating resort in the United States. We are located just 67 miles north-west of Denver, which makes us the closest major ski resort to the city. Owned by the City of Denver and managed by Alterra/Winter Park Operations Corporation, Winter Park Resort plays a vital role in the rich history and tradition of Denver mountain parks, and is also one of Alterra’s premier destination resorts in North America. Winter Park’s traditions are deeply rooted in railroad, logging, and the early exploration of Grand County and the local Fraser Valley. Our mission is to “create the best memories, again and again,” for our guests, our employees, our community, and our strategic partners.
The Financial Coordinator will follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation codes. The SRS / Activities Financial Administrator is responsible for the financial analysis for Ski and Ride School and the Activities departments. This individual works to maximize overall contribution and is responsible for the development, coordination, and completion of the budget for all business units within SRS and Activities . This position manages the budget on a period basis and prepares the forecast and variance analysis for the business units. This individual will also create detailed financial data to ensure both SRS and Activities are making sound business decisions on actual data. The position supports SRS and Activities management by providing insight and auditing functions which allows the business to run as efficiently as possible. The position handles all purchasing functions, to allow and maintain SRS and Activities to operate at or below budget.
During the summer months this individual will also work with the Administrative Supervisor on hiring and onboarding for the upcoming winter season.
- Prepare pricing, product strategies and pricing tool kit for Ski & Ride School and Activities in partnership with Directors, Guest Services, Sales & Marketing and IT. Build both the summer and winter products working closely with IT to ensure accuracy.
- Compile daily, weekly, monthly and yearly financial reporting (e.g., revenue/contribution, hiring analysis, SRS and Activities Product ROI, expense reconciliation, labor efficiency, etc.) for SRS from various systems (RTP, D365, Ultipro, WALOR, etc.) to ensure that business decisions are based on factual, accurate information.
- Develop new reports as needed to track pertinent measurements to help Director, Assistant Director and Managers to accurately monitor business performance.
- Review the weekly and monthly financial statements for SRS and Activities for overall reasonableness and accuracy and to identify variances or errors.
- Audit the employee credit card tips and share with the Finance Department to ensure that this product is working the way we need it to, and the backend accounting is correct
- Prepare Forecast and Variance analysis on a period basis for review by Winter Park Finance Team. Present SRS and Activities financials at monthly Variance & Forecast meetings with Finance team.
- Prepare Weekly and Monthly Contribution Reports.
- Train Managers and Supervisors on how to read and analyze financial reports.
- Assist Directors, Assistant Director, Managers and Supervisors with financial analysis and review.
- Handle all purchasing functions for SRS and Activities which includes: sending proofs to printing company, creating PO’s, matching delivery documents with PO’s, purchasing with P-card, preparing check requests, working with Accounting and ensuring that all SRS invoices are paid in a timely manner.
- Attend all financial Yield meetings and Weekly Operations meetings, as needed.
- Handle all components of the capital budget process. This includes attending all capital meetings, tracking expenditures, purchasing, close forms, and any other pertinent information.
- Partnering with IT, manage RTP administration, Winter Park’s point of sale system, through: SRS Product set up assistance and SRS Discount set up.
- Manage winter certification reimbursements for instructors with a budget of $25,000 to $30,000 annually.
- Works in partnership with the Ski and Ride School Administrative Supervisor in the following hiring duties: conducting interviews, hiring instructors for summer and winter, preparing offer letters, tracking hires, new hire/returning employee orientation, administering instructor schedules, entering all SRS employee data into RTP and Ultipro timekeeping, problem solving payroll issues, and other duties in coordination with administrative departments such as Finance, Human Resources, Guest Services, and IT.
- Responsible for the coordination and development of the budgeting, capital spending, and business planning for the SRS and Activites business units and division, and attend all pertinent meetings.
- Oversee budgeting and planning for employee recognition events and efforts (parties, employee breakfasts, Hi 5 rewards, ect.)
- Works in partnership with the SRS Administrative Supervisor on employee engagement, employee spotlights, and sending out pre-season fall newsletters to New Hires and Rehires.
- Work with Activities team to enter daily revenue into RTP from booking platform
- Ad-Hoc reporting particularly with attention to the changing and transitioning of the current ERP system to D365 and looking for discrepancies
- Support the entire Ski and Ride School and Activities team as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BS in accounting or finance, or a related field
- Guest service and good communication skills.
- Proficient in use of computers including Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of D365 and RTP, preferred. Able to learn new applications quickly.
- Detail oriented.
- Broad technical knowledge of all aspects of accounting.
- Self-motivated, independent worker.
- Exceptional organizational and people skills.
Ability to ski or snowboard preferred
- Experience- 1-3 years’ experience in accounting/financial analyst role preferred.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Guest service and good communication skills required.
- Proficient in use of computers including Microsoft Office programs required.
- Knowledge of D365 and RTP, preferred.
- Must have the ability to learn new applications quickly.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must possess a broad technical knowledge of all aspects of accounting.
- Must be a self-motivated, independent worker.
- Must possess exceptional organizational and people skills.
- Must be an excellent problem solver.
- Ability to ski or snowboard preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily - reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will”
How to Apply