Spend your winter season skiing/snowboarding for free!!
- Winter Park, Colorado
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Dec 01, 2020)
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Opened in January of 1940, Winter Park Resort is the oldest continuously operating resort in the United States. We are located just 67 miles north-west of Denver, which makes us the closest major ski resort to the city. Winter Park’s traditions are deeply rooted in railroad, logging, and the early exploration of Grand County and the local Fraser Valley. Our mission is to “create the best memories, again and again,” for our guests, our employees, our community, and our strategic partners.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Alterra Mountain Company is a community of 14 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real-estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with destinations across the continent, we are rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans five U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Deer Valley in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. We honor each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrate the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone together.
The Retail Sales Clerk is responsible for handling the daily greeting of the guests, and the presentation, closing, and finalization of the sales of the store merchandise to the guests. He/she assists in inventory control, and suggests reorders and new products. He/she is part of the team that is responsible for the overall cleanliness and profitability of the entire store. He/she consistently follows policies and procedures as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Greets and converses knowledgeably about the store products with the guests.
- Presents the store merchandise in a pleasing, polite manner to the guest and satisfies their product needs, wants and desires in order to ensure an excellent, quality filled, and safe resort and mountain experience.
- Is able to attend to more than one guest at a time.
- Is able to aggressively close a sale.
- Is able to up-sell and add-on sell with each sale.
- Is able to maintain store standards of cleanliness
- Operates with efficiency the computer point of sale system, (cash register).
- Have excellent cash handling and credit card handling skills.
- Is a team player and understands and exhibits cooperation.
- Merchandises products in an attractive, effective manner with focal points.
- Able to meet daily and weekly sales goals
- Restocks shelves as needed
- Attend product knowledge clinics during the normal store operating hours and after closing hours as needed.
- Clean and make ready the store for operation as needed. This is to include but not limited to, sweeping, vacuuming, mirror and glass cleaning, fixture cleaning and polishing, trash removal, bathroom cleaning, zip and tuck products on fixtures, folding of clothing, and unloading of product from boxes onto shelves and fixtures.
- Perform other duties as directed
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Experience in and successful at meeting deadlines
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be available to work overtime, weekends, holidays and respond to emergency schedule changes, as business requires.
- Must able to speak and write English as a primary language.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required in dealing with guests, supervisors, fellow employees, managers, and other departments.
- Must possess a friendly, outgoing personality being able to approach guests with a positive attitude, a smile, and help them in their in-store needs, wants, and desires.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal
employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
How to Apply