Protect the Mountain! Door Monitor on the Mountain !
It's not a job, It's a Lifestyle!
- Winter Park, Colorado
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Opened in January of 1940, Winter Park Resort is the oldest continuously operating resort in the United States. We are located just 67 miles north-west of Denver, which makes us the closest major ski resort to the city. Owned by the City of Denver and managed by Alterra/Winter Park Operations Corporation, Winter Park Resort plays a vital role in the rich history and tradition of Denver mountain parks, and is also one of Alterra’s premier destination resorts in North America. Winter Park’s traditions are deeply rooted in railroad, logging, and the early exploration of Grand County and the local Fraser Valley.
Door Monitor will act as door security for a variety of Resort locations to ensure safety guidelines are followed and enforced. Access Security must be able to answer questions and handle complaints from guests in a pleasant, sincere and professional manner while still enforcing current safety measures. Access Security will follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation codes. Access Security will become knowledgeable of Winter Park Resort and the surrounding area and be willing to share their enthusiasm for the Resort and assist guests as needed.
- Act as door security by enforcing occupancy rules and safety measures.
- Utilize occupancy tracking app to monitor building capacity.
- Work within a team to monitor entrances and exits of buildings.
- Address guest questions and complaints in a polite, professional manner.
- Manage the guest lines to keep flow orderly and organized.
- Answer questions regarding COVID regulations and other resort questions.
- Act as a liaison between guests and management.
- Keep in constant communication with the supervisory team and other departments in order to provide the guest with a great experience.
- Maintain safety guidelines by enforcing laws that pertain to the State of Colorado, Grand County, town of Winter Park and Winter Park Resort.
- Monitor the area for Emergency situations that may develop, quickly respond and effectively deal with the situations to reduce risks for our guest and employees.
- Attends regular staff meetings/daily huddle to discuss work assignments and review updates on area information.
- Is highly visible at all times
- Other duties as assigned.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- One year of customer service experience
- At least one season with Winter Park Resort preferred
- Previous security experience a plus, but not required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to remain calm in tense, high -paced situations.
- Basic computer knowledge and experience a plus
- Must have a diplomatic attitude in dealing with others.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity.
- Has a calm and helpful demeanor
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information.
- Professional appearance. Adheres to grooming guidelines.
- Follows established policies and procedures. Is supportive of Core Values.
- Is organized in tasks. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment.
- Is flexible with hours and days of work.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be willing to work indoors and outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length at a time over an average shift of 8 hours to 10 hours.
- Must be able to speak for long periods of time.
- Must be knowledgeable of Winter Park Resort and Grand County or motivated to obtain this knowledge
- Must have a diplomatic attitude in dealing with others.
- Ability to speak clearly, project and effectively to both individuals and groups
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand and walk
- Experience ski and/or snowboard experience a plus.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Must have the ability recognize non-verbal queues
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to: non-slip footwear and gloves, masks and face shields
- Knowledge of foreign languages desirable.
- May be required to ride a ski lift daily.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document
How to Apply
Apply on our website by clicking APPLY NOW