It's not a job, It's a Lifestyle!
- Winter Park, Colorado
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Opened in January of 1940, Winter Park Resort is the oldest continuously operating resort in the United States. We are located just 67 miles north-west of Denver, which makes us the closest major ski resort to the city. Winter Park’s traditions are deeply rooted in railroad, logging, and the early exploration of Grand County and the local Fraser Valley. Our mission is to “create the best memories, again and again,” for our guests, our employees, our community, and our strategic partners.
The Retail Lead Associate’s main responsibility is to coordinate the daily functions of the retail store assigned to him or her as directed by the Retail Manager or the Retail Supervisor for that store. He/she is part of the team that is responsible for the overall profitability of the entire store. He/she consistently follows policies and procedures as set forth in the Employee Handbook and in Retail/Rental training
- Able to meet daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly sales goals.
- Performs goal setting and promotes up selling, add-on sales, and sell-through.
- Handles guests problems and complaints professionally and resolves them in such a way to ensure our guests receive an excellent, quality filled resort and mountain experience.
- Is a key holder for their specific location and is responsible for opening and closing when scheduled.
- Oversees the daily cash register operations and insures accurate end of the day procedures and accounting of revenue.
- Is responsible for maintaining store standards of cleanliness and staff behavior
- Is responsible for maintaining neat and effective displays that promote sell-through.
- Is responsible for presenting the store merchandise in a pleasing, polite manner, to the guest and assists in satisfying their product needs, wants and desires in order to insure an excellent, quality, and safe resort and mountain experience.
- Attends product knowledge clinics during the normal store operating hours and after closing hours as needed.
- Assists the Retail Manager/Supervisor in communicating with the Warehouse Supervisor and Buyer’s to insure the store is adequately stocked and supplied with sell-through merchandise.
- Enforces department policy on controlling internal and external shrinkage.
- Operates, with efficiency, the computer point of sale system, (cash register).
- Has excellent cash handling and credit card handling skills.
- Is a team player and understands and exhibits cooperation.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Acts as the MOD in the absence of the Retail Manager/Supervisor.
- Provides input to the Retail Manager/Supervisor in creating the store schedule.
- Implements and encourages the retail employee incentive programs.
- Promotes and enforces with the retail staff the policies and procedures, as set forth in the Employee Handbook and Retail Rental training.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Retail merchandising experience desired, but not necessary.
- Guest Service experience, in some way, is desired, but not necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer functionality required
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License ad clean motor vehicle record desired.
- Must be available to work overtime, weekends, holidays and respond to emergency schedule changes, as business requires.
- Must able to speak and write English as a primary language.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required in dealing with guests, supervisors, fellow employees, managers, and other departments.
- Must possess a friendly, outgoing personality being able to approach guests with a positive attitude, a smile, and help them in their in-store needs, wants, and desires.
- The primary physical environment in which this position works is out of doors with a high exposure level to cold, snow, wind, rain, bugs, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, lightning, etc...
- The degree of strenuous activity within the job is considered to be high. Often lifting a weight of 50 pounds throughout the day is common.
- Additional strenuous physical activity may include walking or hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or equipment.
- Exposure to: Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing, and painting Ultra Violet radiation from the sun enhanced through lack of atmospheric filtration at work altitude. Fumes produced in activities ranging from cleaning to painting to fabrication of metal products. Noise generated by snowmobiles, lift equipment, and tools may require hearing protection to be worn.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal
employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.