Work in the Mountains
It's not a job it's a Lifestyle!
- Winter Park, Colorado
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Nov 12, 2020)
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Opened in January of 1940, Winter Park Resort is the oldest continuously operating resort in the U.S., and located just 67 miles NW of Denver, is the closest major ski resort to the City. Owned by the City and County of Denver, and managed by Alterra/Winter Park Operations Corporation, Winter Park is part of the rich history and tradition of Denver mountain parks, and is also one of Alterra’s premier destination resorts in North America. Winter Park’s traditions are deeply rooted in railroad, logging, and the early exploration of Grand County and the local Fraser Valley. Our mission is to “create the best memories, again and again,” for our guests, our employees, our community, and our strategic partners.
The primary responsibility of the Food & Beverage Custodian is to ensure that Alpine food and beverage facilities are cleaned according to current set standards. The Custodian also ensures that snow removal is taken care of before opening to the public. This employee is responsible for the proper use of chemicals as well as janitorial and snow removal equipment. The Custodian will keep public and employee facilities clean and orderly. Public areas will include: outside decks, dining rooms, lobby areas, lounge areas, coffee shops, restrooms, and other areas as assigned by the Unit Supervisor. Employee areas include: kitchen areas, wait stations, offices, chemical rooms, locker rooms, employee restrooms, and dock/warehouse areas. The Custodian will follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation codes.
- Maintains clean, safe, and secure facilities – both inside and out
- Maintains janitorial equipment, i.e. vacuums and snow blowers
- Responsible for all deck snow removal and safe entrances
- Keeps public areas clean and orderly, including: outside decks, dining rooms, lobby areas, lounge areas, coffee shops, restrooms, and other areas as assigned.
- Keeps employee areas clean: kitchen areas, wait stations, offices, chemical rooms, locker rooms, employee rooms, and dock/warehouse areas.
- Uses chemicals and snow equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Must prove reliability to immediate supervisor
- Responsible for completing the majority of their duties without assistance
- Must present self in a congenial and neat manner
- Consistently follows WPR policies and procedures
- Coordinates daily duties with other crew leaders
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum one (1) season experience with janitorial work or equivalent desirable
Qualifications and Skills:
- Valid US Driver’s License and clean motor vehicle record required
- Must be 21 years of age
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer functionality required