Winter Park Resort is Hiring! Limited Housing Available
It's Not a Job it's a Lifestyle!
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Feb 29, 2020)
Opened in January of 1940, Winter Park Resort is the oldest continuously operating resort in the United States. We are located just 67 miles north-west of Denver, which makes us the closest major ski resort to the city. Winter Park’s traditions are deeply rooted in railroad, logging, and the early exploration of Grand County and the local Fraser Valley. Our mission is to “create the best memories, again and again,” for our guests, our employees, our community, and our strategic partners.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Alterra Mountain Company is a community of 15 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real-estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with destinations across the continent, we are rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans five U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Deer Valley in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. We honor each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrate the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone.
Cleans, maintains, organizes, and stocks all housekeeping areas such as: storage closets, linen chute rooms, administration offices, employee breakrooms, employee bathrooms, linen storage rooms, etc. They remove all trash and soiled linen from units while answering the radio and fielding guest/supervisor requests as needed.
- Keeps floors swept & mopped. Vacuums carpet, shampoos carpet and furniture when needed
- Empties and cleans all wastebaskets
- Removes all soiled linen from the hallways and transports to the soiled linen storage area
- Removes all trash from the hallways and transports to the trash room
- Answers the radio and responds to any guest/supervisor requests
- Stocks housekeeping closets with all necessary linen, guest supplies and cleaning supplies, keeping the closet clean and organized
- Report any inventory concerns to supervisor
- Tidies all employee areas and housekeeping closets keeping things in their correct location.
- Prepares all soiled linen for pickup by Linen company and moves all clean linen to the appropriate location for storage
- Assists Housekeepers when needed
- Notifies the Maintenance Department of any necessary repairs or concerns
- Special projects and other duties may be assigned as needed
- Notifies supervisor of any work place or safety concerns
- This position requires working weekends, holidays, and varied shifts
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to communicate well by speaking, writing, and reading in the English language.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Most work tasks are performed indoors- temperature is moderate and controlled by environmental systems.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to an average shift of 8 hours.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis. Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach different floors of the building on a timely basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment and products.
- Able to wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to non-slip shoes, protective eye wear, and protective gloves.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law. Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
How to Apply
Please apply online.