Be a barista in the mountains!
It's Not a Job it's a Lifestyle!
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Feb 04, 2020)
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Opened in January of 1940, Winter Park Resort is the oldest continuously operating resort in the U.S., and located just 67 miles NW of Denver, is the closest major ski resort to the City. Winter Park’s traditions are deeply rooted in railroad, logging, and the early exploration of Grand County and the local Fraser Valley. Our mission is to “create the best memories, again and again,” for our guests, our employees, our community, and our strategic partners.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Alterra Mountain Company is a community of 12 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real-estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with destinations across the continent, we are rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans five U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Deer Valley in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. We honor each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrate the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone.
This job contributes to Starbucks success by providing legendary customer service to all customers. This job creates the Starbucks Experience for our customers by providing customers with prompt service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and inviting store environment.
The incumbent is responsible for modeling and acting in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles. The Barista will ensure customers receive excellent, prompt service, quality food and beverage products, and maintain a clean and comfortable store environment. The Barista will follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation codes.
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge (that promote the Starbucks culture), positive values, and the Starbucks mission.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events
- Helps to keep the store operating to a high standard and helps to set a positive example for the shift team
- Develops leadership, coaching, business acumen, and problem-solving skills in a growing company
- Becomes a dynamic brand ambassador by integrating the business with the community (to create better moments in peoples’ lives)
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating the environment and customers for cues
- Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond (as necessary) to create the Third Place environment during each shift
- Contributes to a positive team environment, by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance (and communicating them to the store manager)
- Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a ‘customer comes first’ attitude and connecting with the customer
- Discovers and responds to customer needs
- Follows Starbucks operational policies and procedures (including those for cash handling and safety and security)
- Ensures the safety of all partners during each shift
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace so that partners can locate resources and product as needed
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
- Provides quality beverages, whole beans, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards
- Follows health, safety, and sanitation guidelines for all products
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational methods
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
- Minimum one year experience in customer service/retail oriented position
- Barista experience is preferred
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Proven cash management skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
FOOD SERVICE ENVIRONMENT:
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length at a time over an average shift of 8 hours.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to climb or balance and taste or smell.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds on a regular and continuing basis.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to: non slip footwear and gloves.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal
employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.