Winter Park Resort is Hiring! Limited Housing Available
It's Not a Job it's a Lifestyle!
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Nov 16, 2019)
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Opened in January of 1940, Winter Park Resort is the oldest continuously operating resort in the United States. We are located just 67 miles north-west of Denver, which makes us the closest major ski resort to the city. Winter Park’s traditions are deeply rooted in railroad, logging, and the early exploration of Grand County and the local Fraser Valley. Our mission is to Venture Out, for our guests, our employees, our community, and our strategic partners.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Alterra Mountain Company is a community of 14 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest, heli-ski operation. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real-estate development, food and beverage, and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with destinations across the continent, we are rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans five U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Deer Valley in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. We honor each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrate the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone together.
The Guest Services Agent is responsible for providing exceptional guest service by assisting guests with information, selection of appropriate Ski & Snowboard School lessons/programs, rental products, season passes & lift tickets, tours, directing expectations and processing sales. The Agent is responsible for daily reporting and accounting procedures to verify all sales of lessons, tickets and tours and balancing the value of products sold with monies received. The Agent provides information, answers questions, handles complaints and assists each guest regarding lessons, special programs, tours and tickets, slope conditions, lift and trail access, and general information about the Winter Park/Fraser area. The Agent must maintain a friendly, sincere and professional manner and be willing to share their enthusiasm for winter sports and the Fraser Valley experience. Ongoing learning and professional common sense are needed to support guest and company needs. The Agent consistently follows Intrawest/Winter Park Operations Corporation policies and procedures set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Greet guests in a friendly and professional manner. Answer general and specific questions, giving accurate information.
- Assist with selection of appropriate lessons, special programs, season passes & lift tickets, activities tickets & information, tours and bike rental packages by verbally communicating complete details of all products, prices and pertinent information.
- Responsible for working knowledge of all lessons, special programs and procedures, and lesson locations, rental packages, lift tickets, season pass products, tours, product pricing, WP programs and events.
- Participate in lessons and tours to fully understand and experience on-hill operations.
- Be familiar with all rental equipment to fully understand and experience differences in products.
- Be current on weather and snow conditions, special events and promotions within Marketing/Sales, Competition Center, the Town of Winter Park, and general ski area information.
- Learn and maintain an excellent working knowledge of the computerized product sales system, including sales, discounts, comps, accounts receivable, returns, refunds, payment types and operation of printers.
- Process lessons, rentals, tours, and ticket & pass sales; collect payment and give correct change; process tickets, vouchers, liability release forms, and rental forms. Direct guests to appropriate meeting place and time. Set expectations for lesson, program or tour. Direct guests to complete risk management information where applicable.
- Coordinate lessons/tours and students/participants with on-hill bike supervisors and tour guides, through personal, radio and telephone communication. Direct group leader in locating bike patrol to file liability release and emergency care consent forms.
- Collect guest comment information, obtaining guest data when designated and process information appropriately.
- Professionally handle guest complaints and help solve guest problems.
- Prepare daily cash summary by counting and recording all monies received. Sales range from approx. $100 to $40,000+ per drawer per day. Produce daily-computerized sales reports, accounts receivable reports, comp reports and provide backup for all discounts, comps, returns, refunds and replacements. Accurately balance sales report against cash report.
- Maintain awareness/general knowledge of where to direct groups or their members for scheduled equipment fit times/lessons/tubing/etc. and knowledge of Group Desk location for the purpose of directing groups or their members for ticket issues, group rate additional purchases, injury returns/refunds, etc.
- Complete all data entry of Children’s Center participant information and file all forms appropriately.
- Responsible for being informed on all special promotions within Guest Services.
- Learn all Bike School, Tour Center, Activities, Pass & Ticket sales policies and procedures, as well as on-hill operations.
- Agents are responsible for the selling of tickets at the correct discounted price and during the correct time frame, as set forth by the Marketing Department. Agents must maintain accuracy while working with several different Travel Agent and Wholesale prices on any given ticket.
- Attend regular staff meetings to discuss work assignments and review updates on pertinent information. Read staff notes and company memos daily.
- Maintain sufficient supplies, forms, brochures and ticket stock at workstations.
- Assist lobby, wait-lines, specific programs and tour check-in as needed.
- Maintain a friendly, congenial and helpful attitude, while effectively dealing with guests and other employees. Show cooperation and pleasant attitude. Strive to facilitate an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Report and/or correct unsafe conditions regarding equipment, work area and ski area in general.
- Maintain a neat, organized and clean work area.
- Keep information boards, brochure racks and map boxes stocked and orderly.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Second language desirable.
- One year cashiering experience, retail sales, front desk, accounting or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills, typing/keyboard.
- Good communication skills essential.
- Experience in guest service, public relations and public speaking desirable.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be able to perform well under pressure and have the ability and maturity to field complaints and deal with guest issues in a professional, caring, effective manner.
- Intermediate level skiing/snowboarding ability desirable.
- Minimum one season experience with Winter Park Resort preferable.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length at a time over an average shift of 8 hours.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily - reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
How to Apply
Please apply online.