Work and Play at Winter Park Resort!
It's Not a Job it's a Lifestyle!
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Nov 01, 2019)
Opened in January of 1940, Winter Park Resort is the oldest continuously operating resort in the United States. We are located just 67 miles north-west of Denver, which makes us the closest major ski resort to the city. Winter Park’s traditions are deeply rooted in railroad, logging, and the early exploration of Grand County and the local Fraser Valley. Our mission is to “create the best memories, again and again,” for our guests, our employees, our community, and our strategic partners.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Alterra Mountain Company is a community of 14 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real-estate development, food and beverage, and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with destinations across the continent, we are rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans five U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Deer Valley in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. We honor each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrate the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone.
The Lift Crew Member is responsible for the high quality and efficient operation of the aerial and surface ski lifts. This person must follow, consistently, Winter Park Resort policies and procedures.
- Operate all lifts in accordance with CPTSB, ANSI B-77 and USFS Rules and Regulations
- Be alert for hazards and potential hazards involving passengers, employees, and machinery.
- Consistently follow safety procedures and utilize appropriate safety equipment.
- Follow Winter Park Resort and Lift Department policies and procedures.
- Attend safety meetings.
- Create and maintain a friendly, congenial and helpful attitude while effectively providing our skiing guests and other employees with assistance, information and/or directions.
- Effectively handle first-line conflicts and grievances with guests.
- Maintain a positive working atmosphere that encourages teamwork, cooperation, and communication.
- Perform opening procedures, daily operational inspection, and complete Lift Log as delegated by a crew leader and/or Supervisor.
- Follow loading and unloading procedures for passengers including those with special needs (i.e. NSCD participants, Ski & Snowboard School participants, and children).
- Keep lift area and lift cabins neat, paying particular attention to housekeeping, ropes, barriers, ramps, corrals, tool storage, snow removal, ski tip clearance.
- Keep trail maps and tissue dispensers full.
- Complete lift logs, lift incident forms neatly, accurately and timely.
- Communicate with Lift Supervisor for updates on schedule changes, memos, policy changes, and special events.
- Become familiar with basic day to day sounds and appearance of the lift and lift components. Immediately notify dispatch of any changes.
- Maintain uniform and appearance standards in accordance with Lift Department guidelines.
- Perform ticket validation duties when assigned.
- Be a Winter Park guest relations representative. Project a desirable image that reflects favorably upon incumbent, this position, and the ski resort.
- Keep an ample supply of Lift Incident Reports, Lift Logs, etc. on hand.
- Perform other duties as directed.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Guest service experience desirable
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- The primary physical environment in which this position works is out of doors with a high exposure level to cold, snow, wind, rain, bugs, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, lightning, etc...
- The degree of strenuous activity within the job is considered to be high. Often lifting a weight of 50 pounds throughout the day is common.
- Additional strenuous physical activity does include walking or hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or equipment.
- Exposure to: Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing, and painting Ultra Violet radiation from the sun enhanced through lack of atmospheric filtration at work altitude. Fumes produced in activities ranging from cleaning to painting to the fabrication of metal products. Noise generated by snowmobiles, lift equipment, and tools may require hearing protection to be worn.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal
employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.