Come for the winter and stay for the summer with this year round position!
It's Not a Job it's a Lifestyle!
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Jun 28, 2017)
The Night Auditor plays a critical role in the Winter Park Resort Lodging Division’s Front Desk operations. The Night Auditor is the go-to person and face of the Lodging Division for guests, homeowners, and resort staff during the overnight hours. Key responsibilities of this position include the following: overseeing the Front Desk operation during night-time hours, responding to all owner and guest service requests, performing check-in and check-outs, being the designated point person during any lodging emergency situations, executing all night audit duties to ensure the operation is ready to commence business the following day, and performing detailed QA on same day and next reservations. The Night Auditor will follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation codes.
- Responsible for overseeing the Front Desk operation during night-time hours (which is the go-to location for lodging guests or owners requiring assistance overnight)
- Provides exemplary guest service skills during owner/guest check-in/check-out
- Answers all incoming PBX calls and making new/altering reservations as required
- Responds to owner/guest service requests that require action during hours where no housekeeping staff or maintenance staff are on duty
- Strives to know all the answers or knows where to find them
- Uses the HotSOS work order system to log all owner/guest requests received and completed (or dispatches them to an appropriate team member)
- Typically the first point of contact during any emergency situation occurring, during night-time hours, in the properties falling under the purview of the Lodging and Property Management division
- Acts as a coordinator and communications liaison with owners, guests, resort security, resort senior management, and emergency services (depending on the situation)
- Follows all emergency procedures and initiates communication via calling tree as necessary
- Responsible for following all established Night Audit procedures, while continuously seeking new ways to improve the current process
- Performs all necessary procedures to ensure the day’s financial business for the Lodging Division is formally closed (from a financial/accounting standpoint), the date is rolled, and all property management systems (notably SMS-Host) are functioning correctly and ready for the next day’s business
- Contacts and works with IT and SMS-Host support to rectify any issues preventing the daily close from occurring
- Performs detailed QA on any remaining same day arrivals and all next-day arrivals (to identify and mitigate any potential guest or homeowner service issues and rectify any problems with outstanding balances, soft blocked rooms, out-of-order rooms and/or oversell situations)
- Performs nightly “bucket checks” to ensure that the filing of all registration cards accurately matches any updates (e.g. room moves) being reported via the property management system
- Completes all “whoses” from the day (creating new guest tiles and inputting appropriate data) when new guest information is captured
- Assembles pre-registration packages (and any other special arrival packages) as directed including accurate encoding of room keys and codes
- Completes accurate reconciliation and deposits of all cash and/or checks from owner and guest payments
- Reconciles petty cash/change box
- Prepares, reviews, and distributes all required reports (pre and post night audits) to ensure that a hard-copy back-up is available in case of system down-time or emergency (and to support the morning Front Desk team in being set-up for the day)
- Stays current with lodging, general resort, and local area information to be able to provide accurate information and/or assistance in response to owner and guest requests
- Answers incoming calls (internal and external) at the PBX switchboard in a courteous, professional, and expeditious manner
- Follows all established uniform and appearance policies
- Works closely with other Front Desk staff to assure continuity of service, procedures, and employee experience (regardless of season, day of week, or time of shift)
- Performs a formal hand-off from nighttime shift to the day shift to ensure that the day shift has awareness and is fully updated on any issues occurring overnight (as well as any specific follow-up actions which need to be taken) Note: The same expectation is held for the day shift when the handover to night shift occurs.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED required. Higher education desired.
- Minimum of two (2) years working in the hotel, lodging, resort or hospitality industries (in a guest service, front desk or accounting function); or working in a finance/accounting role; or call center environment required.
- Experience using Springer-Miller System (SMS) preferred
- Experience using HotSOS preferred
- Experience acting as the initial lead for owner/guest safety (including clearly communicating accurate information, directing guests/owners to assembly points should evacuation be necessary and following formal procedures) during emergency situations preferred
- ICS certification desirable
- Proven experience working late night/overnight shift preferred
Qualifications and Skills:
- Demonstrable working knowledge Microsoft Office (including Word and Excel) required
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License ad clean motor vehicle record required
- CPR/AED certification required (training will be provided)
- Must possess exemplary organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills required This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
How to Apply
Apply online today!