Winter Park Resort is hiring in our Sales department!
- Start Date:
The Group Sales Manager is responsible for soliciting, negotiating and selling year-round group recreation, leisure, corporate, association, and other direct business with assigned market segments. The position focus is on overnight group business which meets the established ADR and RPV targets for the assigned segment. This position is also responsible for selling lift, rental, ski school products and other ancillary winter and summer products affiliated with lodging groups.
In addition to the primary responsibility of driving direct groups, this position is responsible for limited wholesale business as well, specifically the Winter Park Ski Music Festival.
- Identify qualified prospects in market territory; initiate, develop, expand relationships in assigned territory/market segment. Convert prospective clientele into committed Winter Park customers through in-office visits, property tours, and proactive communication.
- Present, negotiate and successfully sell lodging, food and beverage, and resort services products/programs to groups lodging in Winter Park Resort properties.
- Conduct professional property and on-mountain site inspections for prospective clients as well as contracted group leaders and the WPSMF wholesale partner.
- Possess thorough knowledge and understanding of Winter Park products and the group market segment.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with group partners through in-office visits, property tours, and regular communication.
- Collaborate with marketing on collateral pieces, nurturing emails and other social media opportunities to actively promote these group segments by defining promotional offers.
- Maintain positive and productive relationships with internal departments and operations, including, but not limited to: marketing, front desk, reservations, ski school, rentals, racing, food and beverage, and group services.
- Respond to RFPs within 48 hours with standardizing group response tools.
- Complete weekly Sales Yield update with data pertaining to room nights picked up and projected pick-up, revenue OTB and projected revenue. Communicate these updates at the weekly yield meeting.
- Maintain lead, prospect and group sales forecast data within the CRM tool to be used for reporting in weekly yield meetings.
- Establish cold call lists to potential new clients using a variety of paid and unpaid lead generation tools.
- Attend WBR (weekly business review) meetings to openly discuss groups with other resort teams providing detailed back ground on these groups and ROI accountabilities.
- Reconcile room night pick-up in Delphi and the CRM tool upon group’s departure.
- Host FAMs for meeting planners for corporate, associations and non-profits.
- Meet or exceed quarterly sales goals.
- Proficient and accurate in utilization of CRM and sales automation system (Hubspot), sales/catering account management system (Delphi), reservations system (SMS), and Microsoft systems (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Understand and support mission and values of Sales Division, Winter Park and Intrawest.
- Communicate regularly with Director of Sales & Revenue Management via scheduled 1:1 meetings, written reports, or informal interactions.
- Collaborate with sales team and Director of Sales & Revenue Management to complete required reports for budget exercises.
- Possess current, up-to-date knowledge pertaining to all Winter Park products, pricing, and strategies relevant to the group and assigned market segment.
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility and accountability for all actions.
- Continually think of proactive measures to correct any potential conflict with groups.
- Exhibit strong team play within leisure group department, sales and marketing division and Winter Park Resort teams.
- Deliver a high level of guest service to each and every client and internal customer.
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS (state minimum required and preferred)
- College graduate preferred
- Minimum 3 years lodging sales experience (preferably in a resort environment); familiarization with group and wholesale segments required.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Adaptability, capable of multitasking
- Capable of working productively with minimal direct supervision
- Intermediate or better Ski/snowboard skills required
- Ability to accommodate moderate travel schedule
- Strong computer skills/Microsoft Word, Power Point, Delphi
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings/weekends
- Superior organizational and follow-up skills
- Team player
- Strong attention to detail