Join the Security Team in the Mountains
It's Not a Job it's a Lifestyle!
- Winter Park, Colorado
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Nov 14, 2020)
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Opened in January of 1940, Winter Park Resort is the oldest continuously operating resort in the U.S., and located just 67 miles NW of Denver, is the closest major ski resort to the City. Owned by the City and County of Denver, and managed by Intrawest/Winter Park Operations Corporation, Winter Park is part of the rich history and tradition of Denver mountain parks, and is also one of Intrawest’s premier destination resorts in North America. Winter Park’s traditions are deeply rooted in railroad, logging, and the early exploration of Grand County and the local Fraser Valley.
The Locker & Item Recovery Agent assists the Lockers & Item Recovery Leader in the sales, distribution, and collection of revenues of all WPR weekly lockers with a seasonal revenue of $97,000. He/she is responsible for the collection, protection , and return procedures of all lost items. Follow, consistently, all policies and procedures set forth in the Employee Handbook and Safety Manual.
- Daily cash and credit card handling totaling $97,000 a season in daily/weekly locker sales.
- Assign and service weekly ski lockers with a revenue of $97,000.
- Collect and return to rightful owners items, valuables, etc. to achieve a 45% return rate.
- Assist guests with vending machine problems and report to vendor.
- Gather proper documentation, under PCI compliance guidelines, to return recovered items to owners via FedEx.
- Maintain a friendly, congenial, and helpful attitude while effectively dealing with the guest and other employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum 1 season experience with customer service or equivalent desirable.
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License and clean motor vehicle record desirable
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY PREFERENCES:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer functionality required
- Guest service experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Monitor and protect Winter Park Resort assets in excess of $200,000,000 through physical inspection, transfer of monies in excess of $10,000,000 annually, interpretation of guidelines as set forth by management, problem solving of situations dealing with our guests, employees, and company assets whether it be social or emergency basis. Follow Winter Park Resorts Handbook consistently
- Protect Winter Park Resort assets by transferring deposits and handling change orders area wide; monitoring buildings and vehicles; filling token machines, collecting monies from seasonal lockers, token lockers and gate cards in an un-armed capacity
- Manage and assist with 24 hour building access for guests and employees using keys, card access, alarm and door codes.
- Assist Traffic Control by enforcing traffic regulations, assisting with jump starts, lock-outs and towing during and after hours.
- Assist our guest by addressing complaints and problems (in mostly stressful situations). Provide information, find lost people, solve ski equipment mix-ups to achieve a 70% return rate, file ski theft reports, give refunds, assist with coin operated machine problems, handle Lost and Found after hours and during the off season and administer Seasonal Locker program.
- Monitor snow fall and make calls for snow removal, monitor and patrol buildings, vehicle and foot traffic areas. Vary shifts according to available man power and work responsibilities. Have 100% documentation of night logs.
- Provide 24 hour coverage for Winter Park Resort so problems can be dealt with promptly. Follow key authorization procedures for each department.
- Provide assistance to Winter Park Resort employees in areas of: lost locker keys, vehicle problems, guest conflicts, absenteeism reporting, emergency contacts and after hours First Aid care.
- Flexibility to fulfill Security contract requests with outside vendors.
- Maintain competent enforcement procedures for enforcing laws as they pertain to the State of Colorado, Grand County, Town of Winter Park and Winter Park Resort, through investigation and proper reporting.
- Monitor the area for Emergency situations that may develop, quickly respond and effectively deal with the situations to reduce risks for our guest and employees. Maintain and monitor fire protection system, fire extinguisher maintenance, fire suppression equipment, alarm systems and training. Maintain burglar and hold-up protection for the area. Provide basic medical assistance after hours and assist during business hours.
- Perform interviews and investigations for risk management, traffic accidents, theft and ticket fraud; enforce liquor codes and Skier Safety act; handle disturbances and unruly guests; fill out reports within 24 hours of incidents, make court appearance if necessary.
- Liaison between local, state and federal law enforcement agencies.
- Monitor and document gasoline usage.
- Document shift duties with night logs.
- Administer the resort motor pool program
- Animal Control
- Assist emergency vehicles (ambulance and helicopters)
- Maintain crowd control for special events.
- Register Skis
- Practice good housekeeping around the area, with vehicles and within the security office
- Assist in collecting bad debts and uniforms from terminated employees.
- Help with locksmith problems.
- Assist with wildland fire protection.
- Operate and maintain seasonal locker program.
- Assist Risk and Safety with GHS/HAZMAT program