Come "Move, Shake, Cook and Bake" with an awesome staff in a breathtaking setting!
Wind River Ranch is surrounded by Rocky Mountain National Park. Views are spectacular!!
- Estes Park, Colorado
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 4 months (May 14, 2018)
Wind River Ranch and Ministries is seeking a Sous Chef to stack hands with a phenomenal kitchen staff and ranch staff this summer. If GREAT food, FUN, service and literally BREATHTAKING views to appeal to you, we're the place!
We offer competitive compensation depending on experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The sous chef must have previous experience in a kitchen and be able to manage the kitchen and wait staff, making sure that food, sanitation, and safety standards are being upheld when the head chef is absent.
- The sous chef will assist the head chef and breakfast chef in preparing dishes for every meal.
- Computer knowledge is helpful in the case that you will have to place food orders, but not necessary.
- You will also be required to attend staff and guests activities in the evenings which usually only last an hour or two.
- The guest week starts on Sunday, with all of the kitchen staff coming in and starting dinner prep at 2:00 PM and running through 8:00PM. Hours vary throughout the week, typically working 8:00AM-2:00 PM with a two hour break between shifts, then returning to the kitchen at 4:00 PM working until everything is put away and the kitchen is clean, usually around 8:00 PM. Saturdays are typically half days, serving a light continental, but hot, breakfast before guests depart. It’s an all hands on deck day, doing a detailed deep clean of the kitchen, usually finishing late morning and off for the rest of the day through Sunday morning, meeting at 12:30 for the weekly staff meeting.
How to Apply
Email Aaron Scarborough at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your cover letter, resume and to request an application.