Job Requirements for Trip Leading Include:
- Minimum of 21 years old by June 2021.
- An excellent driving record with no major infractions of unsafe conduct. You will be required to drive a 15-passenger van towing an 8-foot utility trailer if leading one of our domestic trips.
- A minimum certification in Wilderness First Responder by June 2021. (You can apply and then complete the certification before June or through our sponsored course).
- College graduate or in the process of completing a degree.
- Quality experience teaching/leading in a variety of settings, ideally with students in grades 5-12.
Our 2022 Summer Season will run from June 5 through August 8.
Wilderness Adventures is looking for trip leaders who are enthusiastic about working with student ages 11-20 in group settings. Leaders will guide groups of 10-15 students, with a co-leader through exciting yet challenging adventure activities, as well as teach the curriculum designed for each of our trip types: Discovery Adventures, Explorer Adventures, High Trails Adventures, and Gap Semester Programs. The trips are both mentally and physically challenging for leaders and participants, with adventures ranging from one to ten weeks in duration.
Wilderness Adventures seeks leaders who will be a positive influence on the participants, an inspirational role model, devoted to supporting student growth and education throughout the trip and creating a fun, safe environment in which every student can thrive. Our leaders and students participate in a wide variety of activities such as: mountain climbing, backpacking in over 30 National Parks and wilderness areas, rock climbing, sea kayaking, whitewater rafting and kayaking, ice climbing, canyoneering, sailing, snorkeling, SCUBA diving, trekking through Europe’s hut system, international and domestic service projects, and language programs. Experience in these activities is helpful, but not required.
How to Apply
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, feel free to reach out to our Staffing Director at email@example.com.
If you are ready to begin your application for Summer 2022, follow the link below and it will take you to our Wilderness Adventures application. The application allows us to gain more information about who you are, your experience in the outdoors, and why you want to work for Wilderness Adventures. Once your application is complete, you will receive an email from our Staffing Director with the next steps.
Do Something Wild and apply now!