All Aboard the White Pass & Yukon Route! Dock Representative Position Available
Beautiful Skagway, Alaska is waiting for you!
- Skagway, Alaska
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 2 months. (Apr 25, 2024)
Our White Pass & Yukon Route Dock Representative position assists with organizing and dispatching our rail excursions while being an all important liaison between the railroad and each cruise line's Shore Excursion Department team members. Each Dock Representative will be assigned different ships to represent and it is the perfect way to interact with people from all over the world and establish relationships with the various tour operators in Skagway. You work with our onboard train staff to organize and efficiently load each train excursion. This is an important part of keeping the railroad running on time!
We expect the ideal candidate for this position to be friendly, well organized and focused on maintaining a positive guest experience! Must be comfortable working with large groups and in a fast paced environment.
- Greet cruise ship guests on the pier in a friendly and approachable way
- Work directly with cruise line shore excursion personnel regarding train product sales
- Serve as a liaison between onboard train personnel and passengers when loading the train
- Field and answer questions from guests in a helpful and courteous manner
- Count tickets and settle for daily sales with cruise ship personnel
- Assist with loading/unloading up to 600 passengers in a safe and timely manner
- Directing cruise ship passengers on pier to proper tour location
- Perform crossing guard duties as needed
- Educate guests on the various WP&YR tour options while providing an opportunity to further pier side sales
- Enthusiasm for the Skagway and the White Pass Product
- Applicants should be friendly, reliable and enjoy working in a team setting
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- A positive attitude and excellent teamwork skills
- Strong public speaking skills – ability to communicate important information to the public and to coworkers
- Customer service experience a must
- Knowledge of Skagway and all tours that combine with the train
- First Aid & CPR certification (company will offer course)
- Troubleshooting skills
- We are actively seeking candidates who can speak other languages fluently, in particular Spanish and Japanese, however any foreign language skills are a plus.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and work outdoors in the elements
- Valid Driver’s License Required
How to Apply
Click Apply Now to complete our online application.