All Aboard the White Pass & Yukon Route! Transportation Assistant Position Available
Live, work and play in Skagway!
- Skagway, Alaska
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
This new position at White Pass is essential to our operating plan on the company owned pier. Transportation Assistants will be available to aid guests throughout the day on/off shuttles and motor coaches to the end of the pier. They are vital in getting passengers to the right place to meet their train tours and various other excursions in Skagway. This is a great way to interact with various companies and get to know Skagway. It is a full time position with overtime opportunities. White Pass offers competitive wages and subsidized housing. Apply today!
- Greet cruise ship guests on the pier in a friendly and approachable way
- Field and answer questions from guests in a helpful and courteous manner
- Assist with loading/unloading shuttles and motor coaches in accordance with the Railroad Dock Transportation Plan
- Facilitate efficient guest movement on the pier
- Directing cruise ship passengers on pier to proper tour location
- Educate guests on the various WP&YR tour options
- Enthusiasm for Skagway and the White Pass product
- Applicants should be friendly, reliable and enjoy working in a team setting
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- A positive attitude and excellent teamwork skills
- Strong public speaking skills – the ability to communicate important information
to the public and coworkers
- Customer service experience a must
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and work outdoors in the elements
- Have a valid Driver’s License
- Knowledge of Skagway and all tours that combine with the train
- First Aid & CPR certification (company will offer course)
- Troubleshooting skills
How to Apply
Please apply online. Interview requests will be sent via email so be sure to check your account once you have applied.