Fish On! Guide in one of Alaska's most productive/beautiful fisheries!
Located on remote Killisnoo Island, west coast of Admiralty Island National Monument.
- Angoon, Alaska
- $6,000.00 / month + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Jun 13, 2022)
We are hiring for professional, friendly, and experienced freshwater and saltwater mariners/fishing guides! Prior experience in Alaska is preferred as well as all associated licenses and credentials. We need well seasoned guides who still have an enthusiasm for and take pride in their profession.
Job requirements include:
- Possessing an applicable USCG Merchant Mariner Credential (an OUPV at the very least with Near Coastal endorsement)
- Vessel handling and basic maintenance skills
- Safe use of firearms
- Excellent communication skills, work ethic, and ability to work with the entire team at Whaler's Cove Lodge (approximately 32 crew)
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. and have no mobility limitations. Must be physically fit and a non-smoker.
- Knowledge and experience with freshwater fishing (fly and spin cast fishing) preferred.
- Required experience minimums: saltwater 2 years (saltwater guide applicants), fly fishing 2 years (for freshwater applicants), and outdoor guiding (not boat based) 2 years.
- Prior remote experience/living preferred.
Pay is salaried per month, $5,000- $6,500 to start, Depending On Experience. Tips are disbursed as directed by guests. Excellent compensation based upon experience.
Private Rooms are provided (with shared bathrooms), and our staff gets to enjoy the same meals our guests devour.
Working dates for the position are June 13, 2021 through approximately September 16th, 2021. Due to the nature of the position and industry, 10-12 hour days are the rule.
As a high-profile representative of our organization, and due to a live-on-site situation, it is essential that our guides maintain themselves in a professional manner both on-duty and off-duty. In order for our guests to experience their anticipated vacation of a lifetime, it is essential that our crew brings an attitude of respect, collaboration, and teamwork.
This position is at Whaler's Cove Lodge which is located on a remote island in Southeast Alaska in the middle of the Tongass National Forest, about 90 miles south of Juneau. Guests are on site from late June to mid September, and this coming year we are welcoming over 600 guests.
How to Apply
Please submit a completed cover letter, resume, and copy of your MMC credential to email@example.com. Feel free to give us a call at 907-723-7667. Ask for Jay.