Ready to Guide in Gorgeous Southeast Alaska!?
Located on Killisnoo Island, west coast of Admiralty Island National Monument 60 mi. south of Juneau
- $4,000.00 / month + tips
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 5 months (Jun 21, 2020)
We are hiring for professional, friendly, and experienced saltwater mariners/fishing guides and freshwater guides with the ability to lead eco-tours by kayak! Prior experience in Alaska is preferred as well as all associated licenses and credentials. We need well seasoned guides who still have an enthusiasm for and take pride in their profession.
Job requirements include:
- Possessing an applicable USCG Merchant Mariner Credential (an OUPV at the very least)
- Vessel maintenance skills
- Safe use of firearms
- Excellent communication skills, work ethic, and ability to work with the entire team at Whaler's Cove Lodge (approximately 40 crew)
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs., and have no mobility limitations. Must be physically fit.
- Knowledge and experience with freshwater fishing (fly and spin cast fishing)
- Required experience minimums: salt water 3 years (saltwater guide applicants), fly fishing 5 years (for fresh water applicants), and outdoor guiding (not boat based) 2 years.
- Prior remote experience/living required.
Pay is salaried per month, $2800-4000 to start, Depending On Experience. Tips are disbursed as directed by guests. Excellent compensation based upon experience.
Private Rooms are provided, shared bathrooms, and delicious meals are provided.
You get to Juneau and we provide transportation to and from Juneau to our location.
Working dates for the position is approximately late June 2020 through approximately September 16th, 2020. Due to the nature of the position and industry 10-12 hour days are the rule.
As a high-profile representative of our organization, and due to a live-on-site situation, it is essential that our guides maintain themselves in a professional manner both on-duty and off-duty. In order for our guests to experience their anticipated vacation of a lifetime, it is essential that our crew brings an attitude of respect, collaboration, and teamwork.
This position is at Whaler's Cove Lodge which is located on a remote island in Southeast Alaska in the middle of the Tongass National Forest, about 60 miles south of Juneau. Guests are on site from late June to mid September, and this coming year we are welcoming over 750 guests.
How to Apply
Please submit a completed cover letter, resume and copy of your MMC credential to email@example.com. Feel free to give us a call at 907-723-3901. Ask for Kristine or Mark.