USCG Merchant Mariner - Salt Water & Fresh Water Guide!
Located on Killisnoo Island, west coast of Admiralty Island National Monument 60 mi. south of Juneau
- unknown / month + tips
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Jul 12, 2018)
We are hiring for professional combination salt and freshwater guides with the ability to lead eco-tours by kayak! Prior experience in Alaska is preferred as well as all associated licenses and credentials. Currently three open positions.
Job requirements include:
- Possessing an applicable USCG Merchant Mariner Credential (an OUPV at the very least)
- Vessel maintenance skills
- Safe use of firearms
- Excellent communication skills, work ethic, and ability to work with the entire team at Whaler's Cove Lodge (approximately 35 onsite and 20 offsite staff)
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs., and have no mobility limitations
- Knowledge and experience with freshwater fishing (fly and spin cast fishing)
- Required experience minimums: fly fishing 5 years, salt water 3 years, and outdoor guiding (not boat based) 2 years.
- Prior remote experience/living required.
Pay is $4000-4500 per month DOE plus tips as directed by guests. Room and board is provided as well as transportation to and from Juneau to our location. Working dates for the position is approximately June 11th, 2018 through approximately September 4th, 2018. Due to the nature of the position and industry 10-12 hour days are the rule.
As a high-profile representative of our organization, and due to a live-on-site situation, it is essential that our guides maintain themselves in a professional manner both on-duty and off-duty. In order for our guests to experience their anticipated vacation of a lifetime, it is essential that our crew brings an attitude of respect, collaboration, and teamwork.
This position is at Whaler's Cove Lodge located on a remote island in Southeast Alaska. in the middle of the Tongass National Forest, about 60 miles south of Juneau. Guests are on site from mid June to early September, and this coming year we are welcoming over 825 guests.