Get to see parts of Colorado most people do not get to see, all while learning and giving back!
Largest mesa in the world! Gateway to the desert southwest! World class recreation all around us!
- Grand Junction, Colorado
- $1,970.00 / month
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 4 months. (May 31, 2021)
The Western Colorado Conservation Corps offers opportunities for young adults to spend a season serving on meaningful conservation projects throughout Western Colorado.
Projects may include a variety of trail construction/maintenance, fence construction/removal, invasive species removal, fire fuels reduction, habitat restoration, and/or historic preservation work. Corpsmembers have the opportunity to earn up to $3,047.50, in addition to a semi‐monthly stipend, from an AmeriCorps Education Award (restrictions apply).
- Must be willing and able to camp at least 5 nights per week, often leaving for service location on Sunday afternoon
- Successfully complete new Corpsmember Orientation and CPR/First Aid Training
- Complete conservation projects throughout Western Colorado
- Must be motivated, responsible, and have a positive attitude
- Willing to cook at campsite when necessary
- Must participate in WCCC education program
- Participate in WCCC wide volunteer events
- Participate in the evaluation process (number and timing of evaluations depend on the length of contract)
- Lifting 30‐50 lbs
- Hiking up to 8 miles per day
- Be willing and able to run a chainsaw and use hand tools after appropriate training
- Must be able to complete arduous work in adverse weather conditions
No experience necessary! However, you must:
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident
- Be available full time between the dates specified on the Member Service Agreement
- Be between the ages of 17‐25
- Able to pass a pre‐service National Criminal History check (State, Sex Offender, and Federal)
AmeriCorps term slots are available!